OBC and Excursions

nasa1974

Yes. OBC can be used to book shore excursions through Princess. This is the only thing you can use OBC for before actually being onboard. We did this last September.

Unfortunately, it can not be used to make specialty dining room reservations before boarding.

2 minutes ago, nini said:

Yes. OBC can be used to book shore excursions through Princess. This is the only thing you can use OBC for before actually being onboard. We did this last September.

Unfortunately, it can not be used to make specialty dining room reservations before boarding.

Thanks. I thought I could, but I haven't been on a cruise since 2019 and you forget a few things. 🙂

59 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

It's been a few years since I've cruised with Princess. Booked a cruise in 2024 and getting some nice OBC. Can I use that to pay for any excursions I might go on?

Thanks

Does your OBC shows up in your Travel Summary or under the Payment Section or both?

Edited by DHP1

7 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

If you read the section on OBC of the above link, it says “You can also apply Onboard Credit toward your specialty dining reservation pre-cruise using Dine My Way℠ in the MedallionClass app.”

But everyone here says that doesn’t work.

Lol

You have to go to Customer Service onboard and they will take care of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

You have to go to Customer Service onboard and they will take care of it. 

Good to know!  On our last cruise, I waited until we were onboard to make specialty dining reservations so I could use OBC, and there were few options available.  Most restaurants were booked solid.

Be aware that OBC is credited to only one person and can only be used by that person.  So most are in a cabin for 2 usually DW and DH but there are other combinations.  When early booking an excursion for instance the fee will be deducted from that person's OBC.  If the two do not have the same OBC then there could be a problem.  I get a lot of OBC for several reasons while my DW gets a much smaller amount.  For me to book an excursion for both of us. my DW may not have enough OBC and will have to submit a payment.  When on board it all gets into the same pot assuming only one cc (or $$ deposit) is posted for the two of you, then any purchases will come from the common money pot.  So often I have to wait until on board to book something or pay before the cruise.  

• Like 1

For our upcoming cruise, I have a lot of OBC and my sister (different cabin) does not have any OBC. After we get on the ship, can I book specialty dinners for the two of us using my OBC?  If okay to do that, do I need to go to Guest Service or the specialty dining room to make the reservations and the charges?