Favorite non alcoholic cold beverage

lenquixote66

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How about a prune juice smoothie ? The last time I drank a chocolate ice cream soda was probably about 1962.

Of all the juices to make a smoothie the prune sounds a bit harsh.  Mind you I do like prune juice but always thought it should stand by itself.  I’ll stick with my chocolate ice cream soda…1 once of half and half and 1 once chocolate syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee stir until mixed and top off with your favorite seltzer.  I prefer chilled  black cherry with a small scoop of ice cream…quite refreshing.  

10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Of all the juices to make a smoothie the prune sounds a bit harsh.  Mind you I do like prune juice but always thought it should stand by itself.  I’ll stick with my chocolate ice cream soda…1 once of half and half and 1 once chocolate syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee stir until mixed and top off with your favorite seltzer.  I prefer chilled  black cherry with a small scoop of ice cream…quite refreshing.  

Try googling prune juice smoothies .Many people seem to enjoy it.

For me, fresh-squeezed orange juice.

Prune would be near the top of my not-favorite foods. Many years ago I was a camp counselor. Our rule at meals was that everyone would eat at least a bit of everything served. For a long day trip we were given paper bags with "hiker's lunch" items. At our lunch stop I discovered that the bags contained prunes as well as cheese and crackers. My efforts at hiding my non-consumption of prunes was, of course, noticed by the kids, and I had to eat my prunes in front of them.  I haven't eaten prunes since.

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Prune would be near the top of my not-favorite foods. Many years ago I was a camp counselor. Our rule at meals was that everyone would eat at least a bit of everything served. For a long day trip we were given paper bags with "hiker's lunch" items. At our lunch stop I discovered that the bags contained prunes as well as cheese and crackers. My efforts at hiding my non-consumption of prunes was, of course, noticed by the kids, and I had to eat my prunes in front of them.  I haven't eaten prunes since.

I too was a camp counselor many years ago and found myself eating foods that I would not normally eat.Aside from that working in the camp was a wonderful experience.My group was 12 and 13 year old boys.

Several years ago I was on a cruise and saw a guy who resembled a kid who was in my camp group.I approached and inquired if he was Joel .

Indeed ,he was.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:23 AM, shipgeeks said:

I love dried fruit…prunes included.  When I had my heart attack the doctors were wondering how my potassium had gone off the chart.  I had just finished eating a bunch of dried apricots…lol.  

Now back on topic…I love a virgin Pina Colada, root beer, fresh orange juice, ice tea with lemonade, pineapple juice, apricot juice, peach juice mango juice and fruit punch.  Lately I have been drinking real Coca Cola which I haven’t had in more than 50 years…go figure.  

On 2/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I love dried fruit…prunes included.  When I had my heart attack the doctors were wondering how my potassium had gone off the chart.  I had just finished eating a bunch of dried apricots…lol.  

Now back on topic…I love a virgin Pina Colada, root beer, fresh orange juice, ice tea with lemonade, pineapple juice, apricot juice, peach juice mango juice and fruit punch.  Lately I have been drinking real Coca Cola which I haven’t had in more than 50 years…go figure.  

I had 1/2 glass of Dr.Browns Celrey soda on Jan.22.It was the first soda I had in many years.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:29 PM, lenquixote66 said:

For me there is nothing better on a hot day than a Prune Juice Shake preferably with vanilla ice cream.

Y’all is real triflin’.  You cannot be for real lol.

Probably my favorite was the tomato water at Wonderland on RCI’s symphony.  Ordered several additional servings.  

Edited by baelor

9 hours ago, baelor said:

Probably my favorite was the tomato water at Wonderland on RCI’s symphony.  Ordered several additional servings.  

You are from Seattle and speaking with a southern accent and saying I am not real ?

13 hours ago, baelor said:

To go back to your question .On a hot summer day there is nothing better than a prune shake ,IMHO.