Need Help With My Memory

hillbillycruisers

1 hour ago, hillbillycruisers said:

Yessssss!! Thank you. We liked him...wonder if he is still " on the boats ". 

I think he's long retired. Sailed with him quite a few times in the late 80's, early 90's. :classic_laugh: 

The name Steve Cassel came to mind right away but I don’t really remember him, juggling or a fiddle. I was shocked when I saw Jamman54 mention the name too so I did get it right. I am pretty sure he was the cruise director on my first three or four cruises and I was bummed because I wanted to see what the others were like too. This would have been the Jubilee, Imagination twice and the Elation. 

Edited by LaRue1975

23 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

Yessssss!! Thank you. We liked him...wonder if he is still " on the boats ". 

And to piggyback off your question, who was the karaoke director at the same time as Steve Cassel on Ecstasy? He seriously made our cruise. He was soooo funny. I'd love to see him on another ship. He was young-ish at the time, so it'd be great if he was still around.  

On 1/31/2023 at 3:08 PM, MujerIsla said:

And to piggyback off your question, who was the karaoke director at the same time as Steve Cassel on Ecstasy? He seriously made our cruise. He was soooo funny. I'd love to see him on another ship. He was young-ish at the time, so it'd be great if he was still around.  

Was he oriental? We had one on either Ecstasy or the Triumph that was hilarious!!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

Was he oriental? We had one on either Ecstasy or the Triumph that was hilarious!!!

Um, yes, he was Asian (we don't really use oriental anymore. sorry, not to be the boards police). I believe he was Phillipino. Was he always calling people in the audience Chaka Khan and Whitney Houston? And this was in the days when Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was super popular, and he did the dance across the stage. He was so so funny!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MujerIsla said:

Um, yes, he was Asian (we don't really use oriental anymore. sorry, not to be the boards police). I believe he was Phillipino. Was he always calling people in the audience Chaka Khan and Whitney Houston? And this was in the days when Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was super popular, and he did the dance across the stage. He was so so funny!

That was him! He was so funny! Made the whole karaoke thing a blast!!

• Like 1