Cabin Stewards Gifts

*Fudge*

7 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Some people just cannot give this a rest. Who in the world wants a key chain as a gift anyway? The only “extra” display of appreciation and love should be in the form of cash.

There are people who like the other gifts too.  You’re not a crew member so you don’t know their thoughts on the matter do you?  I was a crew member so I can speak from a certain level of experience.

2 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

In fact I still have a crocheted bookmark one of my fellow cast mates made me.  There are memories attached to every object.  

I think this is what sticks out for me here, you have gifts from people you worked with so there is an emotional attachment and you knew the person. I don't think staff get that connection with guests nor do guests know typically that much about the staff to get something that is really meaningful (unless they have specifically asked you to pick up something while ashore)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lena11033 said:

I think this is what sticks out for me here, you have gifts from people you worked with so there is an emotional attachment and you knew the person. I don't think staff get that connection with guests nor do guests know typically that much about the staff to get something that is really meaningful (unless they have specifically asked you to pick up something while ashore)

I try to take the time to get to know some

of the crew during my cruise.  Maybe it’s something that is unique to me since I worked on ships for so long.  I’ve been on the “other side” and understand the crew culture quite well.  I also spoke to guests and shared things about my life quite frequently when I was a crew member.  It was encouraged by our superiors.