Special offers and sailing solo question

cuagrad90

Recently, I got a great offer from HAL for 2024 Canadian cruises that had something about mariner appreciation. It is an excellent offer as it is HIA with elite beverage package and premium Wi-Fi and cruise appreciation compensation. We’ll, I just read some fine print ad it seems it may be only for double occupancy. Just doesn’t seem fair when, if sailing solo you are almost paying double. Do all the special offers only apply to double occupancy? 

11 hours ago, cuagrad90 said:

Recently, I got a great offer from HAL for 2024 Canadian cruises that had something about mariner appreciation. It is an excellent offer as it is HIA with elite beverage package and premium Wi-Fi and cruise appreciation compensation. We’ll, I just read some fine print ad it seems it may be only for double occupancy. Just doesn’t seem fair when, if sailing solo you are almost paying double. Do all the special offers only apply to double occupancy? 

It sounds like the early booking deal that ends today (unless they extend it). I booked a 2024 cruise on that deal, and the basic fare was double but the HIA was not double. Sometimes when they mention double occupancy, they're referring to how the displayed ("from") cost is calculated.

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

Every stateroom is based om double occupancy while port charges, HIA, other special offers, and Crew Appreciation charges are just for one. 

At least that is better than Celebrity, who smacks solos with their "Always Included" (AI) package. The only way to get that package on most sailings is to pay for two of them because X cannot or will not separate it from the cabin fare.

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

At least that is better than Celebrity, who smacks solos with their "Always Included" (AI) package. The only way to get that package on most sailings is to pay for two of them because X cannot or will not separate it from the cabin fare.

Wow, that's outrageous! Before I booked the fare with HIA I did the math to make sure HAL didn't double the HIA. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1