RC Jewel of Seas Deck 7

9 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

I noticed Deck 7 has a lot of balcony cabins available…is this because life boats?

any advise would be great.

The lifeboats are on deck 6. They are covered by a flat projection of steel that is level with the bottom of Deck 7 balconies. The deck projects about twelve feet from the base of the balconies. They list them as obstructed because you cannot look directly down at the side of the ship. Most cruisers sitting or standing on those balconies might only miss looking at people on the pier near the boat. The sea view towards the ocean, in my opinion is not obstructed for all effective purposes.

11 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

I’m looking to sail on Jewel of Seas, it’s been awhile since I have sailed on Jewel.  I noticed Deck 7 has a lot of balcony cabins available…is this because life boats?

any advise would be great.

I have Room 7128 booked on a future Jewel cruise.  I found a YouTube video for that cabin.  It shows the actual balcony cabin view.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

I have Room 7128 booked on a future Jewel cruise.  I found a YouTube video for that cabin.  It shows the actual balcony cabin view.

7128 is a good location.   No obstructions on deck 7.

We love the cabins in the aft and forward sections with the extended balconies....such as 7154 thru 7170.  No extra charge for large balcony.20200120_143203.thumb.jpg.1953248529e14aaf30d4d191b68a2818.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

I have never booked an Aft Balcony....so should I give it a try?  Anyone else's have thoughts?

Is aft or forward better?  Any noise? On the Jewel that is...

Thank you everyone!

We had room 7676 aft on Jewel back in Dec 2021and liked it.  The large balcony was great with two lounge chairs.  Great views galore. 

5 minutes ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, we were onboard October 2022 in cabin 7172 we definitely heard the band playing in safari but it did stop at midnight.

We have also stayed in 7172 and heard the band most nights.  It wasn't bad, mostly the bass.  That cabin is over the stage which is why I think you hear more than 7676.