The Gem is in Taino Bay today (Jan. 31)

Turtles06

57 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

After months of speculation, I’m happy to report that the Gem has docked at Taino Bay today.  Here’s a photo I took a few minutes ago from the beautiful Great Outdoors. 

99486760-9D09-4149-9638-39214ACDEFE5.thumb.jpeg.b0fcae8d845691d410e62907801311a2.jpeg

Escape was there yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW the Dawn is docked up the road in Amber Cove next to the Carnival Celebration. Just curious, can another ship dock there next to the Gem, or is it only a one ship pier?

Three ships can dock at Taino Bay. The Gem is here by herself today. I wonder why NCL sent the Dawn to Amber Cove. 

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Three ships can dock at Taino Bay. The Gem is here by herself today. I wonder why NCL sent the Dawn to Amber Cove. 

No idea. It’s a nice port, but then we went on an NCL excursion to Puerto Plata, which was about a 15 minute drive to get to. Not quite sure what there is to do within walking distance though, but I can definitely see the advantages of docking in Taino Bay.

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

So we were just sitting out on our balcony in Taino Bay, and looked up and what did we see — the Dawn leaving Amber Cove! 😊

3A2E9951-6DC2-4A84-A6A8-87BC4B160647.thumb.jpeg.9ab9564311e2aedd430ad1fcd5c2c3f9.jpeg

Yup, we’re cruising now to St Thomas. Have fun on the rest of your cruise!! I’ve got a thread going with regards to our adventure if you want to follow along. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...