Recommendations for Malaysia excursions

NMTraveller

We were in Langkawi and Port Klang pre covid...capetown to Singapore. .  Let me look through my notes for my booking info.  I should have info at least on Langkawi.  Great day.   Port Klang was excellent  but it was arranged by a relative of my husband's colleague.  I can tell you what we did do.

Miriam 

• Like 2

I just returned from a cruise on Spectrum last week.  My daughter and I had an excellent tour in Penang. which I booked through Viator. . It is the Penang flexible 6 hour highlights tour. You choose what you want to see and do. My daughter and I both thought it was one of the best tours we’ve done

https://www.viator.com/tours/George-Town/Penang-Free-and-Easy-6-hours-Tour/d51052-103531P9

• Like 1

We were in Langkawi in 2019. i arranged a tour for 6 people.  Us and 2 other couples we found through  cruise critic rollcall.   I used MAM Holidays Malaysia.

mamholidaysmy@ gmail.com

It was great. Drver picked us up an hour after we got into port.  About a 5-10 min walk...just outside the fence. We went to Eagle Square  with the giant eagle sculpture.  We went to the Langkawi Cable Car....up to the top and then walked along the walkway over the valley below. Awesome.   Was a lot of walking but so worth it. Ni had signed up for the "no queue waiting " option.  About $10 more per person.  The cruise line didn't offer that option and those people waitedv1 hour and 45 min on line.  We're told to stay on the cable car and come right back down. They were so pissed. then we went to the Kilim Ecopark.....absolutely terrific.  Only negative....we were slightly squished in the car. Need a mini van for 6. But oh, what a great day

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Beware of public washrooms in Malaysia. Unless you go to a 4 star international hotel, most public toilets are a hole in the ground with no toilet papers provided. Some would require you to pay a fee to use.

That was so both at the Batu caves and at 5he Langkawi Cable Car