750 ml bottle sparkling apple juice

smittyfoto

Cruising on paradise this Thursday, my daughter will be having a birthday on the cruise and I want to bring a bottle of kid wine, aka sparkling apple juice aboard...will this count as my bottle of wine or does it qualify under the 12 pack of soda you can bring aboard? 

It wouldn’t quality under the soda, since that has to be in cans.  I don’t have any personal knowledge, but I would hope they will let you take it aboard as your bottle of wine.  If you just have it in your carry-in and say nothing about it, they would probably assume it’s your allowed bottle of wine.

Posts that suggest smuggling should be removed.

It's not wine so it shouldn't be allowed. 

That being said my last cruise my carry on wasn't even opened and my cans/bottles weren't even looked at.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate

3 hours ago, smittyfoto said:

Cruising on paradise this Thursday, my daughter will be having a birthday on the cruise and I want to bring a bottle of kid wine, aka sparkling apple juice aboard...will this count as my bottle of wine or does it qualify under the 12 pack of soda you can bring aboard? 

You can pre-order a bottle of sparkling cider from the FunShops, $9.50.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Posts that suggest smuggling should be removed.

It's not wine so it shouldn't be allowed. 

That being said my last cruise my carry on wasn't even opened and my cans/bottles weren't even looked at.

I'm asking if I can bring sparkling apple juice on board for a 7 year old, no where did I imply or mention the idea of smuggling anything...but thanks for your opinion.

• Like 2

We have carried it on and had no issues, they didn't even ask to see it on our carry on.  Going through scanner looks just like wine or champagne.

Used to be you had to buy a package deal that included champagne flutes to buy it on board, but they started selling it outright for $9.50.  I have just been ordering it the last couple cruises and having it delivered to our room.  Week ago we carried it the first night to Cucina Del Capitano and had it with our dinner.  

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It is neither wine nor a 12 pack of soda so I'm confused how it could count as either.

Although technically correct I do assume (and hope) that most people checking you in can apply logic to your situation and rationalize that a bottle of sparkling cider in place of a bottle of sparkling wine is acceptable given that some would bring for a child, like in your case or a non-alcoholic drinking individual etc.  Let's hope it's not that black and white and that some common sense can be applied to the situation.  I say give it a try and it'll likely work out in your favor worst case scenario you have to toss the bottle and go on without it.

Just now, cacruisin said:

Although technically correct I do assume (and hope) that most people checking you in can apply logic to your situation and rationalize that a bottle of sparkling cider in place of a bottle of sparkling wine is acceptable given that some would bring for a child, like in your case or a non-alcoholic drinking individual etc.  Let's hope it's not that black and white and that some common sense can be applied to the situation.  I say give it a try and it'll likely work out in your favor worst case scenario you have to toss the bottle and go on without it.

Most likely they'll see what looks like a bottle of champagne in the scanner and send OP on through with no further action. But you never really know until you get there. Like you said, be prepared to lose the bottle.

5 hours ago, smittyfoto said:

I'm asking if I can bring sparkling apple juice on board for a 7 year old, no where did I imply or mention the idea of smuggling anything...but thanks for your opinion.

The person that suggested hide it and hope they don't notice was though thanks

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

Most likely they'll see what looks like a bottle of champagne in the scanner and send OP on through with no further action. But you never really know until you get there. Like you said, be prepared to lose the bottle.

Sure and my 750ml of vodka also looks like wine or my 750ml of water

Point is hide it and hope to get stuff against the rules through is smuggling 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Sure and my 750ml of vodka also looks like wine or my 750ml of water

Point is hide it and hope to get stuff against the rules through is smuggling 

It's apple juice...not vodka...and no a bottle of wine and a bottle of alcohol look different.   And yes ill be bringing a $3 bottle of non alcoholic apple juice instead of bringing alcohol which they charge more for...I guess I'm a smuggler...but I think carnival will accept it...how much do they charge for a bottle of vodka vs a bottle of sparkling apple juice???  Hopefully I don't get kicked off the ship!

1 hour ago, smittyfoto said:

It's apple juice...not vodka...and no a bottle of wine and a bottle of alcohol look different.   And yes ill be bringing a $3 bottle of non alcoholic apple juice instead of bringing alcohol which they charge more for...I guess I'm a smuggler...but I think carnival will accept it...how much do they charge for a bottle of vodka vs a bottle of sparkling apple juice???  Hopefully I don't get kicked off the ship!

I have vodka bottles that look just like wine bottles thanks for trying though

Also you claim it's apple juice that means it falls into the drink listing so  cartons or cans 12oz or less

Multiple people here have said hide it and hope they don't check. By that thought process it is sneak it on aka smuggling 

8 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I have vodka bottles that look just like wine bottles thanks for trying though

Also you claim it's apple juice that means it falls into the drink listing so  cartons or cans 12oz or less

Multiple people here have said hide it and hope they don't check. By that thought process it is sneak it on aka smuggling 

I guess technically correct but it's small potatoes...