Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

For the record, I'm just not a huge fan of Jamaica. I just got back from the dry slide, and I'm going to check it out again before I take a shower. 

***If I don't "like" your post, it's nothing personal... 

• Like 23
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So, after the swim in the ocean and the long walk, I found another public bus headed back towards town. I wanted to try and find the other cigar shops in town to see if I would have better luck. Churchill's in the mall looked lacking on inventory, so I went to try and find La Casa Del Habano. I didn't have my real phone with me so I couldn't utilize my GPS or maps. I had to navigate like the Indians, and soon I ended up finding it. The ones I wanted were grossly more than I was looking to pay, so I found a box of ten Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial that suited my needs, but I still ended up paying $287 for ten Cuban cigars. At least I know they're real because of the source.

Good choice.....

What does Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial taste like?
The cigar is very, very rich, with varied notes that include coffee, earth and cocoa powder, and a touch of graham cracker. It's complex, but not too strong, making it a very approachable Cuban.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I went and did the dry slide again with JinxyB, and now I'm going to go check out The Local for lunch since I don't know what else to do now... Too early for me to start pounding drinks...

Blasphemy! 

I believe we are cruising together next year and am putting the gauntlet down now!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I got in trouble with the housekeeping manager for not letting the guy clean my room. I've just been exchanging towels whenever I need them, but nothing else. I finally just let him in so HE wouldn't get in trouble with his manager. 

***Lunch at the Local coming soon...

• Like 23

@sid_9169....I am so happy I just found your review for the Prima!  I am only 1/2 way through, but look forward to reading more and your take on this ship.  We booked the Prima for October 2023, my first Med cruise (10 day Barcelona/Rome)!!  I am beyond excited. Love your reviews.  Thanks so much. 🙂

(Edit:  Not sure why my status shows this is my first post....haven't been on CC in a while.....oh well🙃)

Edited by mjrcruiser4920
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169..can we please get a review of the slide, dry or wet, this old gals mind is confused about the description as a "dry slide"?

It was fun for what it is. I ended up doing both the left and right one, and they're pretty fast. You lay down on a felt matt and the whole thing probably lasts fifteen seconds. They still haven't opened the drop slide today, so maybe tomorrow...

• Like 19

On 2/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, Megan_Strick said:

Is that in a little plaza? I think I've eaten there and it was really good. I had the chicken parm

On 2/6/2023 at 11:30 AM, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it was across the street from the brewery.

I'm way behind but it's possible Megan is thinking of Papa Vito's. Zarrella's and a beach store are in one building. Papa Vito's is in a little strip mall.

image.png.be531e5e00222ec818592c66548e0b1c.png

image.thumb.png.175c1fa502fb70aa5c08593e6a977049.png

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It was fun for what it is. I ended up doing both the left and right one, and they're pretty fast. You lay down on a felt matt and the whole thing probably lasts fifteen seconds. They still haven't opened the drop slide today, so maybe tomorrow...

Wow I am very impressed with your adventures nature!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Sid, do you remember what Bus # you took to Cemetery Beach, or perhaps it will be easy for me to figure out when I get to the Bus Depot?

It was the one with the green sign, although when you get to the bus depot they'll tell you which one to get on. I believe that the yellow line goes up that way too. 

• Like 5

The room guy came in and cleaned up the bathroom, which will hopefully keep them off my back until time to go home... They also sent a cheese and cracker board, I assume for doing the Cruise Critic thing. (The meet and greet, not the review)PXL_20230209_193033647.thumb.jpg.bfd764e73cd8e1aadcf7f401d70820cc.jpg

PXL_20230209_193037908.jpg

• Like 34

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

For the record, I'm just not a huge fan of Jamaica. I just got back from the dry slide, and I'm going to check it out again before I take a shower. 

***If I don't "like" your post, it's nothing personal... 

No problem, different strokes for different folks. They do have excellent rum in Jamaica, as well as another local product.

The only problem I have is I can't play Bob Marley in the car when DW is my passenger because she then wishes she was in Jamaica. LOL

• Like 8