B2B question on getting off boat after first sailing?

Janie1229

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

There have been many threads and discussions where people think it's perfectly fine for THEM to sneak into their rooms early to drop their stuff off, because they are just 1 or 2 people, so they can't possibly be a bother to the room stewards trying to turn all the cabins. So I am more than willing to give this officer the benefit of the doubt at snapping at anyone that opens the cabin hall doors prior to the announcement. My first thought would have been to wonder how many other people tried to get to their rooms early before you opened the door, B2B or not. And honestly, how much you paid or tipped is completely irrelevant here.

So, I'll turn it around on you then...how many threads and discussions there have been where people think it's perfectly fine for THEM to sneak into their rooms early to drop their stuff off is completely irrelevant here.

I am talking about 4 guests (my family) on a back-to-back cruise following the prescribed rules which were given to us which has ZERO to do with people sneaking into their rooms early.  We were told that our staterooms would be available at 11:00 am and absolutely no later than 11:30 am.  We waited until 12:50 to attempt to access our stateroom.  So, are you saying that it is acceptable for an officer to YELL at my family for doing what were were told to do?  Without first asking if we were back-to-back guests?  The whole point of my post is that there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 B2B cruisers and that of all people, an OFFICER should understand that concept.  Since when is it acceptable to jump on people first and ask questions later?

I am shocked that anyone would think that is OK because some guests are rude.  I have done nothing wrong here, yet somehow am being blamed.  I guess I should just allow this person to YELL at my elderly cousins and my wife because they are frustrated.  Who on this forum would just accept that?  Believe it our not, I was actually quite polite and explained that we were back-to-back guests and showed her my stateroom card.

The whole point is that it was entirely inappropriate to take that approach with my family and me.  I cannot believe that anyone on here would just laugh it off like some are.  It's ridiculous.  That is appalling customer service.

Good day.

3 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

What happen if we have to switch canbin? Hope we don't have to take our luggage with us.

No, you do not. Your stateroom attendant will swap it over for you. In the past, I have coordinated with them and just moved it myself. 

• 2 months later...

Question for the experienced B2B cruisers on Royal. We will be doing a B2B in Europe later this year and are trying to schedule a tour on turn around day. Can anyone estimate an average time you are able to complete the turn around process and then get off the ship? I am sure it varies by cruise and port but hoping there is a decent estimate. TIA.

13 minutes ago, mein18 said:

Question for the experienced B2B cruisers on Royal. We will be doing a B2B in Europe later this year and are trying to schedule a tour on turn around day. Can anyone estimate an average time you are able to complete the turn around process and then get off the ship? I am sure it varies by cruise and port but hoping there is a decent estimate. TIA.

If you are getting off for a tour, that happens just as fast as anyone disembarking.  Instead of the crew making sure you are the last ones off, you can get off really early- the computer will note you got off.  You won't be able to get back on until everyone is off- but that's not an issue since you will be on a tour.

In theory, you should get your new card along with a note that you don't have to check in- just board- the night before.  For sure, ask guest services for details, but they should be very capable of having people get off the ship for whatever reason and get back on before the last check in time.

3 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

If you are getting off for a tour, that happens just as fast as anyone disembarking.  Instead of the crew making sure you are the last ones off, you can get off really early- the computer will note you got off.  You won't be able to get back on until everyone is off- but that's not an issue since you will be on a tour.

In theory, you should get your new card along with a note that you don't have to check in- just board- the night before.  For sure, ask guest services for details, but they should be very capable of having people get off the ship for whatever reason and get back on before the last check in time.

Thank you.  The tour we are looking to do is not a Royal tour since they do not offer any at the TAD port we will be at so not sure that changes anything.  Being a very experienced cruiser but a newbie to B2B cruises, I am hesitant to vary from the normal turnaround process.

3 minutes ago, mein18 said:

Being a very experienced cruiser but a newbie to B2B cruises, I am hesitant to vary from the normal turnaround process.

You won't know the details of that until you sail - don't schedule something before at least 2+ hours after arrival and of course be back at least 90 min before departure.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You won't know the details of that until you sail - don't schedule something before at least 2+ hours after arrival and of course be back at least 90 min before departure.

Thanks again.  My thoughts exactly.  We arrive at 6am and was planning on scheduling for 9am but they said since it is a private tour, they are flexible since they also realize nothing is etched in stone until on the ship.

My son and I are doing a b2b in August on oasis. The rest of the family is joining us for second leg. We are not in the same stateroom-different floors, opposite ends of the ship. Do we print out luggage tags before we leave for the second leg? Is it easier to move our own stuff so it doesn’t get misplaced?  When should our second leg room be ready?  Not sure what time the rest of the family will board-we are usually early boarders if possible but they may have to pick someone up from the train prior to getting to port. Will my son and I be able to hang out in the new room or do we need to find somewhere else?  Lastly, from reading some of the posts, it sounds like turn around could be quick or take a bit depending on several factors. I am guessing this means we may want to bring something to occupy ourselves like a book or something?  Maybe a backpack with the items we need for the short term? Thanks in advance for any responses!

3 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

My son and I are doing a b2b in August on oasis. The rest of the family is joining us for second leg. We are not in the same stateroom-different floors, opposite ends of the ship. Do we print out luggage tags before we leave for the second leg? Is it easier to move our own stuff so it doesn’t get misplaced?  When should our second leg room be ready?  Not sure what time the rest of the family will board-we are usually early boarders if possible but they may have to pick someone up from the train prior to getting to port. Will my son and I be able to hang out in the new room or do we need to find somewhere else?  Lastly, from reading some of the posts, it sounds like turn around could be quick or take a bit depending on several factors. I am guessing this means we may want to bring something to occupy ourselves like a book or something?  Maybe a backpack with the items we need for the short term? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Don’t need to worry about luggage tags, your state room attendant will help you- you will need to pack some of the stuff and hang the rest on a hotel dolly ( I can’t think of what they are called, lol) and your attendant or you will move it to your new state room.  
You will have run of the ship and can just do normal stuff, like use the pool or gym or whatever you want. B2B lunch *might* be included, it’s pretty variable. 

The one big difference between you and onboarding guests is that you get access to your room as soon as you get back on the ship with your “in transit” cars. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bayportkat said:

I would suggest at least a hand printed note with your new cabin number on it to tag your suitcases.  Does not have to be an official type tag as in boarding...but would help if needed.  

• Like 1