Harmony Cabin Question

volk904

We are booking the Harmony for fall

It our plan is to book 2 Balcony cabin's side by side and have by Grand daughter (4) and wife in 1 cabin and my daughter and Hubby in the cabin next to it.

I get a single cabin and will take the double points because we are close to Diamond.

Question is do the sofa's in the standard cabins make a bed in case she wants to stay some with her mom?

When you pick the cabin, make sure you study the deck plan and pick the right cabin that can accommodate 3 or 4 people. The cabins that can accommodate 3+ person (i.e. sofa that can turn into a bed) are marked with *. If the cabin does not have an * marked, the sofa will not convert. It would just be a regular sofa. 

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

It our plan is to book 2 Balcony cabin's side by side and have by Grand daughter (4) and wife in 1 cabin and my daughter and Hubby in the cabin next to it.

I get a single cabin and will take the double points because we are close to Diamond.

Question is do the sofa's in the standard cabins make a bed in case she wants to stay some with her mom?

I doubt you as a solo can book a cabin that holds more than 2. If she is that young she can probably sleep on a regular sofa. 

You cannot nook the * cabins with less than 3 people.  I was just hoping the sofas all opened up.  The crazy thing is Royal has the kids sale free but you have to pay $1000 more for the 3 person cabin so not really free.  Just moves money around. 

Edited by volk904

So I can’t remember where I saw a video but someone turned the couch around to face the wall and made a bed that way so the child wouldn’t fall off. Just ask for an extra sheet and blanket for on the couch and get extra pillows to keep on hand when she wants to spend the night with mom.

3 hours ago, volk904 said:

You cannot nook the * cabins with less than 3 people.  I was just hoping the sofas all opened up.  The crazy thing is Royal has the kids sale free but you have to pay $1000 more for the 3 person cabin so not really free.  Just moves money around. 

To see if kids sail free is saving money compare the price of 3 adults in a cabin vs the price with 2 adults and 1 child.  Like it or not, you have to compare the same cabin category; sometimes the demand for triple/quad cabins drives up the prices of those cabins.

5 hours ago, volk904 said:

And yet you are okay with paying huge single supplement for the third cabin?  

It surely makes more sense to book a cabin for 2 with a connecting cabin for 3 

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, volk904 said:

I would book a balcony for 2 (you and spouse) and a balcony for 3 (DD, her spouse and their kid). When we traveled with our parents, that's exactly what we did. But then - I don't want my kid to sleep in a different cabin, even if it's with grandma.

Here is what their cabin for 3 with a sleeper sofa is going to look like:

20211121_145957.thumb.jpg.026cae67145e791f30a1dec8aa3a4584.jpg20211124_200543.thumb.jpg.a2e8fc744419de67398bbe06d3e240c2.jpg

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I would book a balcony for 2 (you and spouse) and a balcony for 3 (DD, her spouse and their kid). When we traveled with our parents, that's exactly what we did. But then - I don't want my kid to sleep in a different cabin, even if it's with grandma.

Here is what their cabin for 3 with a sleeper sofa is going to look like:

20211121_145957.thumb.jpg.026cae67145e791f30a1dec8aa3a4584.jpg20211124_200543.thumb.jpg.a2e8fc744419de67398bbe06d3e240c2.jpg

OH man, that unmade couch looks rough.  I'd have a hard time sleeping on that thing, even with a sheet between me and that thing.  I'd be afraid that I'd move around so much the sheet would move out from under me.  

My suggestion, bring "bed bug" spray and use a lot of it.  

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

OH man, that unmade couch looks rough.  I'd have a hard time sleeping on that thing, even with a sheet between me and that thing.  I'd be afraid that I'd move around so much the sheet would move out from under me.  

it was actually quite comfortable (I took naps on it during the day). The sheets didn't move at night at all, and you got a nice thick matt cover under the sheet. Which I cannot say about Enchanted Princess's sofa bed - it was uncomfortable as a sofa and not all that as a bed either. They didn't even take plastic off the mattress - I had to cut it off. And nothing between you and the matt besides one thin sheet.

Now, Allure's sofa beds are much worse in terms of taking up space than Harmony's. Also, looked a bit more used up...

20220603_101527.thumb.jpg.cbbf92be6881ea13456afb0007933c8a.jpg20220603_150006.thumb.jpg.10075634da81bdf972d964019eda8271.jpg

• Like 1