Was this cheap for just myself to cruise?

crusingrightnow

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

I don't understand your points about this potentially not being a good value?   Is it because you might not like inside cabins, the cruise line, or itinerary?  Are those the things you are thinking?   

It could be a lot of things.  Age/condition of ship, the accomodations, food, crew, etc.  A bad cruise for a cheap price doesn't seem like good value.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, crzndeb said:

I usually book inside cabins, but it would depend on cruise line and itinerary. For some just starting out cruising, and not really caring about ship or itinerary, it’s a great value. Lots of deals out there on old ships to the Bahamas and Caribbean. 

On 2/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, navybankerteacher said:

If you were in a badly maintained ship, with a dirty cabin, on an itinerary which only had a tender call at Freeport and the tenders were cancelled due to heavy weather, and the food was poorly prepared low quality sloppily  served swill - it might be said that you would not have received “good value” even you had only paid $25 for the week.

Low price does not automatically mean good value.  

On 2/5/2023 at 11:49 AM, Toofarfromthesea said:

It could be a lot of things.  Age/condition of ship, the accomodations, food, crew, etc.  A bad cruise for a cheap price doesn't seem like good value.

Thanks.  I understand where you are coming from.     

Fortunately I've never had to experience a ship so poorly maintained that it ruined the cruise.  Though, years ago we were on RCI Adventure of the Seas.  It was noticeably a little worn around the edges, but we still had a great time.   When it comes to cruise ships, I do have favorites, but even my least favorite is enjoyable, thankfully.   Lucky that I've not been on one of those ships suffering from mechanical breakdowns.  

As for crew, while I'm sure we have all encountered the odd individual exception,  passenger facing crew being so bad as to ruin a cruise seems like a remote chance.    Again, I'm lucky to have not encountered negligent seamanship.   

When it comes to food, there are always exceptions, but in general I  would say food served in the MDR or buffets is good.  Not great and not a reason to take a cruise.  Like maybe eating in a family chain restnt.  Happily, I've not been forced to endure swill. 😀   

From my viewpoint, assuming the OP likes the itinerary, I think they are likely to get good value for that low fare. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 6:51 PM, George C said:

You get a great deal, enjoy your cruise . When I started cruising almost 50 years ago the cheapest I ever paid for a 7 day single was 600.

In 1982 I paid $500 for a QUAD with a couple of friends and 1 we didn't know.  Woman at work was organizing the cruise .... about 35 of us .... LOL.  The 4th girls was a friend of a friend of a ....  I was 19 and on the Carnival Mardi Gras Boston to Bermuda.  I was hooked after that first cruise. 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:16 AM, crusingrightnow said:

$484 total -  7 day cruise!

I just completed a 7 day solo cruise on Sky Princess for 740.00 fees and taxes included. I booked a interior GTY and ended up on Deck 12 Midship. I also received 400.00 in OBC , the deals are out there.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:03 AM, runner15km said:

I just completed a 7 day solo cruise on Sky Princess for 740.00 fees and taxes included. I booked a interior GTY and ended up on Deck 12 Midship. I also received 400.00 in OBC , the deals are out there.

Awesome!! We have an upcoming Alaska cruise out of SF.  We only booked it because of the low fare for a balcony and the fact we can take public transport to the ship.   Kind of just a quick get-away for us.   

Yeah, the deals are out there.  

OP has a recurring theme on his threads. Context needed … Ship, itinerary, dates, port fees, drinks package etc.

Without the relevant context, which would allow doubters to verify, I’ve gotta remain sceptical. Feels more like an ego boost thread vs actually helpful.

As a good friend of mine regularly says, “Trust, but verify”.