Cocktail Reception...

The waiters are walking around with trays of champagne and rum punch but you CAN order ANY drink that you want for no charge. I had read this on the boards and tried it out on the Splendour last month. I ordered a chocolate martini and it was yummy.........no skimping on the alcohol either!

Julie

When I was on Voyager in July 2005, I was able to get a glass of Merlot and my husband was able to get a Manhattan at the party, no questions asked. When we went back on Voyager in October we were told either rum punch or champagne. I spoke, very nicely, to two servers and informed them that the past cruises that I was on, including Voyager in July, I never had a problem asking for the drinks we normally get. They refused to give them to us unless we paid for it.

They had Champagne, Yellowbirds, and Fruit Punch readily available at the Captain's Reception on Brilliance last week but you would ask one of the waiters for something different at no extra charge.

Please fill me in...When are the these parties held? I have only been on one other cruise and don't remember hearing about this.

Thanks

Evidently you and I aren't on the "A" List.

You are not invited on your first cruise. After you complete your first cruise, you must do the following:

1. Join the Crown and Anchor Society (it's free and you can sign up on the RCI website)

2. Be sure to get your Crown & Anchor member number listed on your booking.

3. You will receive an invitation and info as to where and when to attend.

4. After you have completed 5 cruise credits (see the Crown and Anchor webpage for details), you will also receive a second invitation for a Crown & Anchor Platinum/Diamond party, which is usually held on one of the formal nights.

Also there are other perks for membership such as coupon book, blcony cabin discounts, etc. See the webpage for details.

Hypo

You are not invited on your first cruise. After you complete your first cruise, you must do the following:

Are you sure this is accurate? Most cruises the cocktail reception on the 1st formal night is for all guests.... are you talking about another party by chance--specific to C & A members on a different night?

Also I'm posting my previous question again:

What about non-alcoholic beverages, sodas or mineral water-- does anyone know if these are offered?

The Captain's cocktail party is for everyone. There aren't any invitations per se as the info is in the daily Compass. It is usually held the first formal night.

The Crown & Anchor party is for members only. After a RCI cruise, you can join the club and then you will be invited to their party.

I have been able to have a Dewar's & Soda at both events. As to how many drinks you can have, each party is about an hour or so. If you order special drinks, you probably will get one, but if you take champagne or something off the tray, you could have more than one. It just depends on where you are in the room and how many servers and cruisers there are.

Also I'm posting my previous question again:

What about non-alcoholic beverages, sodas or mineral water-- does anyone know if these are offered?

I thought I'd already answered this, they offer fruit punch, but if you don't want that you can ask for something else from the waiters.

I thought I'd already answered this, they offer fruit punch, but if you don't want that you can ask for something else from the waiters.

Ok, well you kinda did, but as I looked back it was responded to the "yellowbird" question, so i missed where you said regular fruit punch.

Thanks for the response :o

I forgot about the open, Captains Cocktail party, which IS open to everyone.

Then there is the Crown and Anchor welcome back cocktail party, you will get an invite if your CA# is on your reservation booking..

And, if you are Platinum and Diamond there is a third one for those folks, too, on some sailings it is a special luncheon, instead.

Hypo

When I was on Voyager in July 2005, I was able to get a glass of Merlot and my husband was able to get a Manhattan at the party, no questions asked. When we went back on Voyager in October we were told either rum punch or champagne. I spoke, very nicely, to two servers and informed them that the past cruises that I was on, including Voyager in July, I never had a problem asking for the drinks we normally get. They refused to give them to us unless we paid for it.

As Pumbaamd stated, you have to go directly to the bartender and order different drinks. The waiters are there to pass the tray of drinks. At the bar they will fix whatever you want. DH drinks little alcohol, so a vodka collins is his only drink. He gets it at the bar at all the parties: Captain's Welcome (1st formal night), Welcome Back for C&A members, and the Platinum and Diamond Party.

I, on the other hand, suck up a couple of the champagne, and take a glass to dinner with me.

Well, according to webtender.com,

Yellow Bird is:

1 oz bacardi rum

.5 oz Galliano

.5 oz vodka

4 oz sour mix

and a Harvey Wallbanger is:

1 oz vodka

.5 oz galliano

4 oz orange juice

Similar but not the same :cool:

Archived