Maui hop on hop off

marnie2005

3 hours ago, marnie2005 said:

Beach club maybe or Hop on Hop off?

As Scott said-- no HoHo on Maui any more. 

Also no beach clubs-- all beaches in Hawaii are public. The hotels will generally provide beach services to non guests for a charge with a few exceptions (the ones that come to mind that won't are the Four Seasons and Hotel Wailea in Wailea). Go to the beach Hales or little huts you find on the beach side of a resort to rent chairs, beach gear, etc. 

Hotel pools however are strictly guest only for the most part and heavily enforced with wristbands etc. There are a few that offer day passes but not many-- if you want the full services of the hotel you can look a getting a room for the day. 

If you were looking at going to the beach for the day I would recommend Kaanapali. You'll have Whalers Village that offers services to day guests and has some good restaurants as well as a beautiful stretch of beach with many hotels also offering beach services, restaurants, and bars. About a 10 minute drive north of Lahaina. 

• Like 1

If you have a car, Haleakala for sunrise or sunset is great. Even during the day it’s good hiking up there.

You are headed to Lahaina day 1. If you are docking in Kahalui that’s a hike so you might not want to go to kaanapali day 2. 

If you are going to stay on the Kahalui side of the island, somewhere in this forum I did a write up about Kanaha beach (not to be confused with Kahana). That is, by far, the closest beach to Kahalui docking. You could walk there, or a quick Uber. Lots of kite surfing there to watch. You could also Uber to Ho’okipa beach to watch surfing and see turtles. 

If you have a car you could head down to Kam 1, 2, or 3 or Makena beach (be careful there of surf). You could also do lavender farm, oceans vodka, or the chocolate farm upcountry. Upcountry is quite lovely and much cooler :). 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Kahului Is where we will be docking! As of right now we are either taking a taxi or even considering the local bus to get to Lahaina. I understand it’s a distance away. I’ll try to find your information in a previous post that you mentioned, many thanks!

5 hours ago, marnie2005 said:

Kahului Is where we will be docking! As of right now we are either taking a taxi or even considering the local bus to get to Lahaina. I understand it’s a distance away. I’ll try to find your information in a previous post that you mentioned, many thanks!

If you want to go to Lahaina, I'd pre-arrange a driver vs just getting off the ship and trying to get a cab.

• Like 1