New website.

Riocca

34 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Understood. Sorry what should be a relaxing time is stressful for many. Hopefully, things improve soon. 

My frustration with the new website is not being able to see available cabins without entering all my booking information. 

Still like Azamara. We booked two more cruises while on board last week. 

Kevin 

Thank you. We sailed 40 nights on Onward in the past year and have 23 more booked yet this year, so we’re obviously happy with the onboard experience. 
Not only do I still not know our OBC, I have received 4 different amounts on booking confirmations from AZ. Each time it is a better price, so not sure what is going on with that. When I booked on March 13, I was told that I would receive booking confirmations within a week because they didn’t have the ability to get correct pricing at that time. It was over 2 months before I finally received  the first booking confirmation and the price was not what they verbally told me on the ship. So many calls since then and all sorts of conflicting information from AZ and my TA, so yes, my patience is gone. 

9 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just click on Continue then Pay Now, then click Cancel if you have OBC, otherwise you say who’s paying then put your card details in

When I first logon I get three choices - Make a Payment, Manage My Reservation, and the option for having a problem. If I click on either of the first two (Make a Payment or Manage My Rservation) it takes me to a summary screen that shows all the details about my reservatoin including the excursions I've signed up for, the Special Request we've made, and the extras we wanted. At the bottom is an option (the only option) that says "STORE". There is no CONTINUE option, although I seem to remember one back when I was entering my excusion choices. If I click on STORE all it does it give me a popup that says my reservationed has been stored. I have to click OK to make that popup disappear and then I am back at the summary screen with the option to STORE.

26 minutes ago, jwilcox said:

When I first logon I get three choices - Make a Payment, Manage My Reservation, and the option for having a problem. If I click on either of the first two (Make a Payment or Manage My Rservation) it takes me to a summary screen that shows all the details about my reservatoin including the excursions I've signed up for, the Special Request we've made, and the extras we wanted. At the bottom is an option (the only option) that says "STORE". There is no CONTINUE option, although I seem to remember one back when I was entering my excusion choices. If I click on STORE all it does it give me a popup that says my reservationed has been stored. I have to click OK to make that popup disappear and then I am back at the summary screen with the option to STORE.

Good to know! 

If your home currency is not US$, Azamara are setting themselves up for a fail with the latest OBC for excursions email.  The pre-cruise excursion pricing for those of us outside the USA is in our home currency.  Now, if we overspend on excursions, the balance will be settled onboard.  But the only onboard currency is US$.  

I'm going to guess that they'll actually use US$ for everything - end-to-end - and we'll then get an exchange rate set by our credit card at the end of the cruise.  Perhaps this will be better, perhaps worse.  Who knows, but it adds more uncertainty..   

11 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

If your home currency is not US$, Azamara are setting themselves up for a fail with the latest OBC for excursions email.  The pre-cruise excursion pricing for those of us outside the USA is in our home currency.  Now, if we overspend on excursions, the balance will be settled onboard.  But the only onboard currency is US$.  

I'm going to guess that they'll actually use US$ for everything - end-to-end - and we'll then get an exchange rate set by our credit card at the end of the cruise.  Perhaps this will be better, perhaps worse.  Who knows, but it adds more uncertainty..   

Please see post #1763 in this topic (and a few subsequent posts) where this is discussed. 

4 minutes ago, blag said:

Please see post #1763 in this topic (and a few subsequent posts) where this is discussed. 

I saw those earlier posts at the time, but didn't have the time to chip-in.  The non-US$ prices were included in the excursion PDFs that were available on the old website, so (unless they produced a subsequent version) the exchange rate they used was fixed at the time this was produced. Of this, I'm certain.

The current set of PDFs only has USD, opening up the possibility that they are using a variable rate if you're not using OBC to pay for them.

But the issue is raise is that, regardless of how much you spend on excursions, if you are using OBC you only 'settle up' once onboard.  As the only onboard currency is US$ and your card is billed in US$, this removes any Azamara currency conversion.  That may be a good thing!

I seem to have an additional problem. When I first looked at excursions under the Manage My Reservation link I saw the full list of all available excursions. We we certain we wanted to take one of them, but wanted to think about others. So I signed us up for the one we wanted and hit STORE. We have finally decided on another we want to take but now when I go to Excursions it only shows the one we have already signed up for. I can't figure how to add another excursion to the first one we signed up for.  Has anyone successfully done this?

Edited by jwilcox

47 minutes ago, jwilcox said:

I seem to have an additional problem. When I first looked at excursions under the Manage My Reservation link I saw the full list of all available excursions. We we certain we wanted to take one of them, but wanted to think about others. So I signed us up for the one we wanted and hit STORE. We have finally decided on another we want to take but now when I go to Excursions it only shows the one we have already signed up for. I can't figure how to add another excursion to the first one we signed up for.  Has anyone successfully done this?

At the top of the list there are two tabs., Booked and Available 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 3JCruiser said:

We used our celebrity captains club number on our last Azamara cruise and the same number on a 2024 sailing. The future cruise has transferred over without it and is showing a completely new number and no status ? My understanding was our Status would be grandfathered and we could continue to use the same Cc number.

Does anyone know if this is the case or do we need a new  Azamara club number? If that’s the case how can we link the history and status ?

You will be assigned a new Azamara club number.  Your status should be grandfathered, though.  It is ideal if you have some proof to show them what your CC number and status were, as the problem seems to be that in the transition to the new system that information was not transferred over.  

1 hour ago, Cruise2STW said:

grandfathered

The use of this word as a verb is new to me, and I cannot find a definition that enlightens me as to what you mean in this context.

I'd be very grateful if you could explain. 

7 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

As the only onboard currency is US$ and your card is billed in US$, this removes any Azamara currency conversion.  That may be a good thing!

But, on the other hand, since the majority of Azamara's guests currency is not USD, it may not be a good thing.

If the US currency is worth more against other currencies at the time of payment when compared to the rate of exchange at the time of booking, most passengers will be paying more.

Or, of course, the converse could be true if USD weakens.

Edited by blag
missing word

22 minutes ago, blag said:

The use of this word as a verb is new to me, and I cannot find a definition that enlightens me as to what you mean in this context.

"Grandfathered" in this case means that the old points and status would carry over despite a change in club number. In general, it means that an existing customer/member/client/etc. can choose to continue to operate under old rules or policies, even when such are no longer offered to new clients.

Edited by JYDCruise

2 hours ago, blag said:

Generically, it means to guarantee the conditions and rules of an older program will be honored in a new program, even if those conditions and rules are different inthe new program.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blag said:

But, on the other hand, since the majority of Azamara's guests currency is not USD, it may not be a good thing.

If the US currency is worth more against other currencies at the time of payment when compared to the rate of exchange at the time of booking, most passengers will be paying more.

Or, of course, the converse could be true if USD weakens.

It's not the commercial rate of exchange at the time of booking that applied, but Azamara's own rate of exchange, and at the time they set that rate.  If Azamara used a particularly favourable rate for the customer (but why would they, they'd be cutting their own profit) or the USD significantly strengthened between the point that, in the past, excursions were 'paid' for with OBC, and the cruise finishing, then the customer might be better off with the old system.

By doing this they have moved the FX risk from themselves to the customer, but have foregone any profit they had in setting their own rate.  On balance, I suspect that risk will be less than the cost of their poor exchange rate, and we can always hedge against it by buying USD early.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blag said:

Please may I have access to your crystal ball? 

You're hedging against the risk of it moving against you, but you lose out on a potential saving if it moves in your favour.  A way of saying the current rate is "good enough for me" because crystal balls are in short supply.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cruise2STW said:

You will be assigned a new Azamara club number.  Your status should be grandfathered, though.  It is ideal if you have some proof to show them what your CC number and status were, as the problem seems to be that in the transition to the new system that information was not transferred over.  

Thank you ! 

Azamara excursions are currently converted at a rate of $ 1.20 per GBPound. The commercial rate is today approx $1.27. Pays your money, takes your choice.

• Like 2

We have OBC but it is not showing in our account. Like everyone here.

But we wanted to book excursions, using OBC so we asked Azamara how to do this. 

This is their reply:

Using Onboard Credit to Book Shore Excursions

To use your onboard credit (OBC) to book shore excursions, after logging into your account:

1. Scroll down to Shore Excursions and select “Book” on the $0 Onboard Credit item to authorize use of your onboard credit
  2. Book your desired Shore Excursions
  3. Once your Shore Excursions are booked, navigate to the payment screen and click “Cancel"
  4. Your selected shore excursions are now booked, and onboard credit will be applied

Well, that looks easy. So I tried. 

Step 1 

Step 2 

Step 3 How to navigate to the payment screen? I tried a lot but nothing worked: no payment screen.

Is there anyone who knows?

Thank you so much,

Jo

We successfully used OBC to book a shore excursion by calling them.  I’d try that whether your OBC shows or not.  Ask for a confirmation email, person’s name, take notes etc.  Also ask for the amount of remaining OBC.  I suspect (hope?) you will be successful.  I was only on hold about 10 minutes when I called a few weeks ago.  Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. 

I have some difficulties calling someone and have to speak in a different language (you might have noticed my English is not very brilliant). That's why I'm hesitating. But if I still can't make any bookings using my OBC within 30 days of sailing (today it's 104 days), then I will call them. But your response gives me a good feeling: it might help!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

We have OBC but it is not showing in our account. Like everyone here.

But we wanted to book excursions, using OBC so we asked Azamara how to do this. 

This is their reply:

Using Onboard Credit to Book Shore Excursions

To use your onboard credit (OBC) to book shore excursions, after logging into your account:

1. Scroll down to Shore Excursions and select “Book” on the $0 Onboard Credit item to authorize use of your onboard credit
  2. Book your desired Shore Excursions
  3. Once your Shore Excursions are booked, navigate to the payment screen and click “Cancel"
  4. Your selected shore excursions are now booked, and onboard credit will be applied

Well, that looks easy. So I tried. 

Step 1 

Step 2 

Step 3 How to navigate to the payment screen? I tried a lot but nothing worked: no payment screen.

Is there anyone who knows?

Thank you so much,

Jo

I listed what worked for me to navigate to the payment screen in post #1781 in this forum.  Hopefully it will work for you as well.  Regards, Paul

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

Thank you for your reply. 

I have some difficulties calling someone and have to speak in a different language (you might have noticed my English is not very brilliant). That's why I'm hesitating. But if I still can't make any bookings using my OBC within 30 days of sailing (today it's 104 days), then I will call them. But your response gives me a good feeling: it might help!!!!

Maybe if you also speak german try to reach the office in Frankfurt. 

https://www.azamara.com/about-azamara/contact-us

I called the Austrian number last week and it was worked out well. 

• Like 1