Bringing a small pk of sparkling water on board

tinykygal

5 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

but I don't understand your comment about the PE personnel understanding HAL's permitted water policy.

I was referring to the fact that there was a table full of confiscated soda and water.  As to the LaCroix on the table, we have no way of knowing how many cans the cruiser was trying to take onboard.  Yes, the security personnel may have been in error, but just as possible that someone turned up with a substantial quantity of La Croix cans, and security relieved them of some.  I don't know how or why, but I am pleased that they are not ignoring the rules.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

"However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are permitted per stateroom".

Some may interpret this statement as only referring to “still” water.  (I do.)

I think of La Croix and Aha as carbonated beverages with natural  flavorings added.  Regardless, 12 cans will cost you about $7.  If you really want to carry it on, go ahead.  The worst that can happen is they’ll take it and you’ll be out $7.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Some may interpret this statement as only referring to “still” water.  (I do.)

I think of La Croix and Aha as carbonated beverages with natural  flavorings added.  Regardless, 12 cans will cost you about $7.  If you really want to carry it on, go ahead.  The worst that can happen is they’ll take it and you’ll be out $7.

Same.  I mean it’s really splitting hairs.  I can just see someone saying why can they bring that on and I can’t.

Have you thought of bringing onboard something like a SodaStream?    You can make your own carbonated water easily, if you can purchase your carbonating cylinder near the port, I think that getting it thru airport security is pretty difficult.   I'm sure you can get citrus on board if you want to add it.   Just a thought.  Cherie 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cccole said:

Have you thought of bringing onboard something like a SodaStream?    You can make your own carbonated water easily, if you can purchase your carbonating cylinder near the port, I think that getting it thru airport security is pretty difficult.   I'm sure you can get citrus on board if you want to add it.   Just a thought.  Cherie 

Sounds like a lot of work for something you can get on board.  I love me some sparkling water but there would be zero chance I would do that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cccole said:

Soda stream, microwave oven, every kind of personal electronic device known to man kind. Cart it all on vacation or just stay home - OR - open your wallet and pay for some water.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Soda stream, microwave oven, every kind of personal electronic device known to man kind. Cart it all on vacation or just stay home - OR - open your wallet and pay for some water.

You forgot blender. Does anyone remember the blender thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rd64 and 3rdgencunarder,  REALLY?  What helpful responses.  A blender?  Is that what you bring? and a fan? and a microwave?  This was about fizzie water.  Nothing more.  There are options that the OP is looking for, nothing more.  Hope you feel good about trying to make someone who wants to bring their own fizzie water feel like they are jerks.  Of course you can pay for it on board.  If you are paying for a cruise this is not a big deal, but what if you want to bring your own fizzie water on board, thats your choice or maybe not on HAL.  REALLY?  what is so upsetting to you about options?  JMO   

Edited by cccole
  • Like 1