Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I gave my free bottle of wine to this couple at the end because they were drinking wine.

A398D109-A174-4BDC-A6EF-342D216F3C42.jpeg

Did they give you a whole bottle of wine as a solo?  I have heard various reports on this.  Some solos seem to receive only a glass rather than the bottle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nwcruiselover said:

Did they give you a whole bottle of wine as a solo?  I have heard various reports on this.  Some solos seem to receive only a glass rather than the bottle.

It’s one bottle per table. I have done it many times. If its a Galveston cruise I drink it. If

its another cruise I give it away. It’s always been a bottle for me.

• Like 8

I hate this. I know people don’t want me in their business. I try as best as I can to ignore and let them learn on their own. I was doing that at dinner with the table of four next to me…until the surveys were brought up. What I over heard was a person ordered a bucket and was told it was not a part of their package.

I let it go until someone suggested they leave a bad comment on the survey. I asked if they had cheers. They did. I told them a bucket would not be included in the cheers package. They said they were trying to pay for it on a credit card. I brought up the fact that carnival enforces a 15 drink limit that you can get around by ordering a bucket. But a bartender that does that is skirting the rules. The surveys are very important and you don’t want to put a bad comment in on someone who was doing the right thing. 

This happened during my main course and I felt like garbage after that. Basically the result was them talking lower. And even then I heard the one guy on a different issue say when in doubt, complain to guest services.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

This is the second time I’ve done it. It’s not something I’d like to make a habit of but in this case the hotel prices were insane. There was nothing I wanted to do there that day. The other instance was my 2021 panorama and I didn’t have enough vacation time to take the day before off.

Yeah we are in a hard spot with upcoming cruise being 9 nights and trying to minimize using so many vacation days. Oh well I have 3 months to figure it out lol.

• Like 3

I flew in day-of for my November Magic cruise for the same reasons - expensive hotels.  Was certainly nervous doing it, though. The last shuttle I booked was leaving at 11:30, and my plane was landing at 11:10.  I did make it before 11:30, and then paced waiting for the shuttle.  Started to worry that I had missed it and called the company a couple of times only to be able to leave a message. Shuttle finally showed up at noon.

• Like 4

I do have a Julie Scoggins story.

I try to keep up a punchliner schedule on my website. I was getting Julie Scoggins’ schedule from her Facebook. She puts her schedule on her banner. But I had her as Scroggins. About a year and a half ago she emails me. “It’s Scoggins not Scroggins.” I thought man…I’m going to always mess that up. Nope. I always remember that email. Scoggins not Scroggins. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Where did I leave off. Looks like the coconut drink. Im really in the steakhouse now but I like to keep things in order.

Maria made this. It’s really good. A lot of people ordered it after seeing it. I think it would be a really good Christmas drink.

655209F5-DDA8-42F1-88F5-64D7AA5FA02B.jpeg

That looks like my “Christmas in a glass” Alchemy drink from Mardi Gras in November. Soooo good!

• Like 4

Where did I leave off. Looks like the coconut drink. Im really in the steakhouse now but I like to keep things in order.

Maria made this. It’s really good. A lot of people ordered it after seeing it. I think it would be a really good Christmas drink.

655209F5-DDA8-42F1-88F5-64D7AA5FA02B.jpeg

Andes Mint!

Andes Mint!

• Haha 4

I asked for two appetizers instead of dessert. Shrimp cocktail and risotto.

3F341AFD-3885-4F85-963E-1017A7D04B8F.jpeg

CAE73B18-0462-4AB9-9180-0D4DAB3CF557.jpeg

6041F62C-17A9-407F-8938-CEA0AD26762F.jpeg

Wait....are we one app, 2 entree, and 1 dessert on Carnival? Or is that only specialty dining?  

Edited by Riles34
  • Like 1

Doing Spirit for the first time on our April Celebration cruise.  I told my DH we have to watch because @Saint Greg has mentioned they have changed his flights.  Logged in today and yep our 3:30pm flight is now leaving at 10:30am and our flight home is now 2 hours later.  No email, no app notification.  Thank goodness I read these blogs or would not be paying any attention to changes.

• Like 9