First time on Celebrity - Questions

Trixie21

We are just about to book our first Celebrity cruise on Silhouette from Southampton- we are from the UK .

We have a couple of questions.

1 - how much is the WiFi generally? We are thinking of booking the cruise only package as we don't drink much and there is a generous amount of OBC. We would want to have access to basic WiFi. I assume drinks would be a similar price to Royal.

2 - we are diamond on Royal. With the status match on celebrity what benefits do we get?

3 - My wife requires a gluten free diet - Royal are good with this generally and i would assume celebrity are equally good if not better? How is the buffet on Silhouette? I presume the chefs even in the buffet will walk you round and point out the gluten free options or prepare something to order if necessary?

4 - could anyone post a link to current silhouette MDR menus ?

Thank you!

Can’t answer any of your questions, nor have we been on the Silhouette, but we have sailed the Equinox which is the same class of ship, and we love it. That’s one added to our count of pointless posts 🤪

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

We are just about to book our first Celebrity cruise on Silhouette from Southampton- we are from the UK .

1 - how much is the WiFi generally? We are thinking of booking the cruise only package as we don't drink much and there is a generous amount of OBC. We would want to have access to basic WiFi. I assume drinks would be a similar price to Royal.

2 - we are diamond on Royal. With the status match on celebrity what benefits do we get?

3 - My wife requires a gluten free diet - Royal are good with this generally and i would assume celebrity are equally good if not better? How is the buffet on Silhouette? I presume the chefs even in the buffet will walk you round and point out the gluten free options or prepare something to order if necessary?

Thank you!

1) Consider “All Included”.  Huge Celebrity sales right now - WiFi, Grat, Drinks.

2) Celebrity has reciprocity with RC

3) Recommend Aqua Class and dining in Blu.  My wife has food allergies as well.

4) I’d ask in the Celebrity Silhoutte forum or check for a “live” thread.  MDR options have changed recently.

4) 

It does not appear you need All included if you do not drink much.

It is not necessary to upgrade to Aqua Class & eat at Blu to get gluten free taken care of. (we did AQ some years ago & loved it but the price they are demanding now for an AQ balcony over a regular on is obscene).

Ask at the buffet & they will assist you. Things are well labeled. I recall a GF dessert section at the buffet & a sign showing where you could order GF bread. At dinner, let your waiter know the 1st night & they will have you look at the next night's menu so they can make modifications if possible.

Also, you & your spouse can share 1 wifi plan if you do not need to be online at the same time. Just log off & your spouse can log in.

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Thank you!

For menus it is best to download the Celebrity App and choose a current Silhouette cruise.   You will be able to view all the menus that are currently in use.   Celebrity has a rotation of 15 menus and usually start each cruise with the Day 1 menu regardless of lenght.

The menus are not unique to each ship and are used fleet wide.  Exception are E-Class ships that have 4 MDR's and each have some themed set selections available every night

Celebrity is really good with Special Dietary requirements.   The MD will stop by you table each evening to review your choices.

Diamond Status will give you Elite Status on Celebrity and you will get 90 minutes of Free Premium per member  plus 30% discount on Internet

Per @jelayne in a recent post

If you purchase basic wi-fi pre cruise it is $17 per day for 1 device.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks everyone - useful information.

Dietary issues sound like they are handled pretty much the same as Royal so that's reassuring. 

Good tip about downloading the celebrity app to see menus - I didn't think of that and I don't know why because I do it for our sailings on Royal.

And we usually share a WiFi package so would do the same on Silhouette. 

There is a good price on the cruise we want at present but the sale ends soon and my wife has an additional medical requirement which I need ananswer to before booking so I cannot book without hearing back from them. I have emailed the medical needs department. 

Celebrity is actually cheaper than Royal for this cruise to Iceland at present and sails from Southampton which is what we need. 

Your Diamond status will make you Elite on Celebrity - happy hour with a select menu of free drinks from 5-7 pm (except embarkation day).  Plus a bag of laundry Wash and Fold for each of you.  There are other perks as well - you can purchase the internet package at a discount.  We do not pay for All Inclusive as we can manage happily with 90 minutes free Stream Internet that is the other perk we use.  Just spent two weeks on the Solstice and enjoyed it greatly.