Outlets on Enchanted

latebloomer56

We will be in a mini suite on the Enchanted in Aug. Question anybody know how many outlets are in these cabins? We had several on Sapphire last Oct. They removed to old TVs and there were outlets w used plus USB port on the desk area for the phones and my tablet.

Thanks folks I did try to find this answer without any luck. Not a lot on here about the Enchanted.

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We will be in a mini suite on the Enchanted in Aug. Question anybody know how many outlets are in these cabins? We had several on Sapphire last Oct. They removed to old TVs and there were outlets w used plus USB port on the desk area for the phones and my tablet.

Thanks folks I did try to find this answer without any luck. Not a lot on here about the Enchanted.

I don’t have the answer off the top of my head but I don’t think that the outlet situation is any different than the other Royal Class ships. So if you find any discussion or YouTube videos pertaining to the other ships, I think you can extrapolate that information over to Enchanted. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

There was one outlet on the desk plus, I think what was a European outlet and then there was USB charging on the bedside lamps.  

Hope this helps

Diane

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are you asking about something specific or just curious?

My husband uses a c pap machine, has for year and so if we have a single plug for night good. Now I'm on oxygen and use Inogen machine 24/7. I need to plug in at night I also  have a spare battery so if needed could swap off and charge in the morning. I know there are good adapters but not sure both can or should plug into the same outlet.

11 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Since the Enchanted was not built with the old style TVs like the Sapphire had, there will be no unused outlets from where old TVs had once been.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Since the Enchanted was not built with the old style TVs like the Sapphire had, there will be no unused outlets from where old TVs had once been.

Thanks I realize this which is why I'm looking for information. You have helped me in the past I recognize your signature. Appreciate your feedback, maybe we need to look at reviews, somebody had to have needed outlets on this ship 😊.

11 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

My husband uses a c pap machine, has for year and so if we have a single plug for night good. Now I'm on oxygen and use Inogen machine 24/7. I need to plug in at night I also  have a spare battery so if needed could swap off and charge in the morning. I know there are good adapters but not sure both can or should plug into the same outlet.

I have not personally sailed the Enchanted (yet) but all of the newer ships that I *have* sailed have a European style 2 prong 220 volt outlet located behind the bed.  I use a CPAP as well...I have an inexpensive adapter from Amazon that converts the outlet style to a standard US-style socket, as well as giving you a place to plug in whatever was originally plugged into this location (usually a nightstand lamp.)  I extend this (when needed) with a very small US-style plug strip that has 3 or 4 outlets.  (Note: Do not use a surge protector...these are not allowed on ships and will be confiscated.)

One of the first things I do when getting into a cabin is pull out the bed (about 12 inches) from the wall and arrange the adapters.  That way you do not have to worry with extension cords running across the floor, creating a trip hazard.  I will try to post pictures and links of what I use in a little while.

Here is what I am using:

Power1.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Adaptor-Countries-Netherlands/dp/B008JCVF0U/ref=sr_1_130?crid=LOKKQXXYM2BU&keywords=european%2Badapter&qid=1675614786&sprefix=european%2Badapter%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-130&th=1

Power2.jpg

These exact plugs are no longer available on Amazon but you should be able to find an equivalent most anywhere...evan at a local hardware store.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have not personally sailed the Enchanted (yet) but all of the newer ships that I *have* sailed have a European style 2 prong 220 volt outlet located behind the bed.  I use a CPAP as well...I have an inexpensive adapter from Amazon that converts the outlet style to a standard US-style socket, as well as giving you a place to plug in whatever was originally plugged into this location (usually a nightstand lamp.)  I extend this (when needed) with a very small US-style plug strip that has 3 or 4 outlets.  (Note: Do not use a surge protector...these are not allowed on ships and will be confiscated.)

One of the first things I do when getting into a cabin is pull out the bed (about 12 inches) from the wall and arrange the adapters.  That way you do not have to worry with extension cords running across the floor, creating a trip hazard.  I will try to post pictures and links of what I use in a little while.

Thank you I will have him plug in there and that will free up the one always in the desk area for me. He would be leaving the c pap plugged in and just put the machine in the night stand.

This is good information I will send out to Amazon for the plug.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thank you I will have him plug in there and that will free up the one always in the desk area for me. He would be leaving the c pap plugged in and just put the machine in the night stand.

This is good information I will send out to Amazon for the plug.

Thank you.

And that is exactly what I do...as I would imagine everybody who uses a CPAP.  If you go the "Princess" way they will bring you an industrial sized extension cord which they expect you to run across the floor...plugging it into a socket at the desk.  After them doing that once on my first cruise with a CPAP...I knew I had to figure out a better way.  The cord they brought me was about 50 feet long!

We returned off the Enchanted on Jan 8th. we were in a Mini-Suite. My wife and I both use CPAP machines and it took a 3' cord on a power strip (Belkin, not a surge protector) plus 8' extension cord to get across the room. We then connect the cord from one of the CPAP and stretched it under the bed to the opposite side of the bed. We had to use gaffers tape to tape the cord to the floor so I would not trip over it at night going to the bathroom. One issue is that the US style plug is so close to the light switch it would turn the light on if you pushed the plug in to far. We will take a longer extension cord next time more like 12'. That is one thing I think Princess has missed in this design on the royal class. Also the night stand has very little room for the CPAP because the base of the light fixture has a rather large base. There is one additional US style outlet on the opposite side of the desk but it is too far to use. I tried to plug my MacBook in that plug the way the apple power block is made if you plugged it in it would turn the light on, that is how close the plug port and switch are to one another. Overall a real bad design. 

Oh we looked for a outlet behind the bed and could not find one. Even pulled the bed out from the wall. 

Edited by KYBOB

2 hours ago, KYBOB said:

Oh we looked for a outlet behind the bed and could not find one. Even pulled the bed out from the wall. 

That's the first instance I've heard of there not being a socket behind *one* of the beds.  (Very often it is behind only one of the beds...not "centered" between them as you might expect.)  However...as I said, I've not been on the Enchanted but we *have* been on the Discovery...a newer ship.  The Discovery did have a socket behind a bed.  Strange that they would change course with such a small item...

14 hours ago, KYBOB said:

We returned off the Enchanted on Jan 8th. we were in a Mini-Suite. My wife and I both use CPAP machines and it took a 3' cord on a power strip (Belkin, not a surge protector) plus 8' extension cord to get across the room. We then connect the cord from one of the CPAP and stretched it under the bed to the opposite side of the bed. We had to use gaffers tape to tape the cord to the floor so I would not trip over it at night going to the bathroom. One issue is that the US style plug is so close to the light switch it would turn the light on if you pushed the plug in to far. We will take a longer extension cord next time more like 12'. That is one thing I think Princess has missed in this design on the royal class. Also the night stand has very little room for the CPAP because the base of the light fixture has a rather large base. There is one additional US style outlet on the opposite side of the desk but it is too far to use. I tried to plug my MacBook in that plug the way the apple power block is made if you plugged it in it would turn the light on, that is how close the plug port and switch are to one another. Overall a real bad design. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. Your input is great, no plug for both of us without an extension cord. Think I may need to use my battery at night then let one charge while I use the other, just will need to do it early so I have both for shore excursions.

Can generally get an answer on this site, thank you everybody.