Seaside May 2023, Unexplained Price Increase for Confirmed Booking

twangster

54 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m going out on a limb here but I’m guessing your experience is not the norm…as it relates to MSC. With so many cruises under your belt it is obvious you are more we than capable of handling your own bookings. Most people don’t have that kind of experience and many people are new to MSC and have no clue how to navigate their quirky customer service (or lack of). Additionally, while the list price of the cruise may be the same, a TA can offer huge incentives in the form of refundable OBC and other benefits as well. The fact that your use of a TA only garnered $25 is unfortunate bc there are so many out there who do monumentally better while perfectly  navigating MSC waters on the client’s behalf. After 30+ cruises myself, never would I book with MSC on my own.  To each their own though and I certainly respect your experience and know-how.

Understandable. I was just giving him an instance in my own case as to why one would not book with a TA.  I agree, most don't know what to do when booking, that is me right now with booking airline flights. I am at a total loss! I guess my biggest problem with a TA and MSC is when I cancelled a booking with a TA because they had no clue what they were doing.  It was easier for me to deal with the cruise line than the TA. I have read some nightmares on here and guess I have been fortunate with MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m going out on a limb here but I’m guessing your experience is not the norm…as it relates to MSC. With so many cruises under your belt it is obvious you are more we than capable of handling your own bookings. Most people don’t have that kind of experience and many people are new to MSC and have no clue how to navigate their quirky customer service (or lack of). Additionally, while the list price of the cruise may be the same, a TA can offer huge incentives in the form of refundable OBC and other benefits as well. The fact that your use of a TA only garnered $25 is unfortunate bc there are so many out there who do monumentally better while perfectly  navigating MSC waters on the client’s behalf. After 30+ cruises myself, never would I book with MSC on my own.  To each their own though and I certainly respect your experience and know-how.

Exactly. 

• 2 weeks later...