Booking Carnival Luminosa shore excursions?

I’m a little confused on how to book Carnival Shore excursions. Online it says I do it once onboard but if I log into Carnival it is showing excursions that I can purchase now online. I was under the impression I couldn’t book Carnival excursions online. At the moment the choice showing online isn’t great but they seem to be selling. Any thoughts? Will there be more excursions available once onboard?

3 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

I’m a little confused on how to book Carnival Shore excursions. Online it says I do it once onboard but if I log into Carnival it is showing excursions that I can purchase now online. I was under the impression I couldn’t book Carnival excursions online. At the moment the choice showing online isn’t great but they seem to be selling. Any thoughts? Will there be more excursions available once onboard?

I did b2b cruises on Luminosa both times sale of excursions opened at 11 am . First leg the good ones sold out . Lucky for the second sailing .

• Like 1

In December, we booked via the app as soon as we set foot on the ship.  There were no extra tours listed on board from what we had seen advertised online prior to the cruise.  We were on board at 12.30ish and secured the tours we wanted.  I also booked a short afternoon tour at last minute on the day of the tour.

We did FNQ, the day trips to Kuranda booked out quickly.  A fishing tour from Cairns was cancelled due to lack of numbers.  Had a couple of people tell us how disappointed they were with that cancellation.

I am seeing in the online group for Luminosa that some cruisers are now able to prebook tours & organise cruise cash bought prior.  However, as I don’t have an upcoming Luminosa booked so I can’t personally confirm.

• Like 1

Shore excursion cancellations can and do happen. I had two pre-booked shore exursions cancelled on my last cruise. Might have been lack of numbers. In any case didn't give me much time to plan. This time am more likely to take a "wait and see" approach in case of changed ports, weather conditions etc. Will take a chance and see what is happening closer to the time.