Any point to buy water if getting refreshment package?

Since the refreshment packages (we're getting the non-alcoholic) package, is there any reason at all to purchase the case of water that RC can deliver to your room (I cannot bring on water because, for medical reasons, I need to use our allotted liquids for Gatorade)? We drink a LOT of water and I'd like to have bottles in my room and for excursions. Since it is included in our refreshment package, can I basically just go multiple times each morning to stock up or am I better off getting a small case from RC to start? Thank you!

25 minutes ago, SuperPlanner said:

Since it is included in our refreshment package, can I basically just go multiple times each morning to stock up or am I better off getting a small case from RC to start?

The number of bottles you get per trip may depend on the bartender, but you can stock up.

There are also ice and water machines readily available, though you have to pour from a glass into your water bottle. But, yes, readily available at any bar and frequently from a cart as you disembark for excursions which are great to throw in your bag.

55 minutes ago, gerif said:

You can also get powdered Gatorade to mix with your water so no need to haul bottles onto the ship. 

The last couple trips we have been using the “Liquid I.V.” powder. My wife feels it helps her hydration and electrolytes better than Gatorade. 

Just food for thought. 

• Like 2

Thank you all! Appreciate the advice! Unfortunately I really need to avoid any water but bottled water and Gatorade is the only drink that works for me (onboard they have Powerade but for whatever reason not the right mix), powdered Gatorade and liquid IV taste funny to me and are difficult to keep down when I'm in need of the blood sugar boost.

• Like 1

I usually get 2 bottles in morning and 2 bottles in the evening.  Depending on where I get it, they may give me 4 (2 for me, 2 for my wife), but I noticed it depends.  and I have gone during the day to get another bottle here or there.  We always take water off the ship for our excursions, but most of the time on the ship, we use the refreshment package for sodas or fresh squeezed orange juice.

I find it easier to just purchase the case of water and have it in the room.  With the drink package, then I have to tote the water back down to the cabin or carry it in a bag for a bit.  For some reason that irritates me, the extra trips.  Food for thought. 

• Like 1