Photo for Viking check in

SoBaycruiser

6 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

The instructions are so specific for taking the photo ID picture about size.  How does one know the dimensions when taking a picture with your phone and cropping to a head shot?  It must be easy but they’ve made it sound difficult.

Simply wait till check in at the dock and they take it from your passport.  Easy.

• Like 4

Take a headshot with your phone and upload that photo.  The website has resizing & cropping functions.  Our first cruise with Viking, they didn't take another photo at the port.  2nd cruise with Viking, they took new photos at the port (even though I used the same pictures).  YMMV.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

This is our first Viking Ocean cruise.  Where do we find the photo information and website?  I've looked through MyViking and haven't found anything about this.

In the “Before You Go” link there is another “Comfort check in” link that only works about 30 days beforehand.  In the check in they give specifics about the picture.  Here’s what it says.

Please upload a photo to be used as your picture ID onboard. The photo must be a head shot only, facing forward and looking directly at the camera. Do not upload a scan or picture of your passport or any other photo ID. 

If the photo provided does not meet the requirements your boarding process could be delayed and a new photo taken. 

The maximum dimensions are 45mm high x 35mm wide (passport size). Maximum file size allowed is 15MB in gif, heic, jpeg, jpg, png, and webp format only.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

In the “Before You Go” link there is another “Comfort check in” link that only works about 30 days beforehand.  In the check in they give specifics about the picture.  Here’s what it says.

Please upload a photo to be used as your picture ID onboard. The photo must be a head shot only, facing forward and looking directly at the camera. Do not upload a scan or picture of your passport or any other photo ID. 

If the photo provided does not meet the requirements your boarding process could be delayed and a new photo taken. 

The maximum dimensions are 45mm high x 35mm wide (passport size). Maximum file size allowed is 15MB in gif, heic, jpeg, jpg, png, and webp format only.

Thank you very much for this information!  I would never have figured this out.  Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I worked for some time to get a great head shot for my photo. I looked pretty good for an old woman. However, after a flight from Denver to Iceland, no sleep, and no makeup, they retook my photo at check in.  

After the first couple times when ordering cocktails, I asked to see my photo and realized why the servers were doing double takes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, KarNog said:

I worked for some time to get a great head shot for my photo. I looked pretty good for an old woman. However, after a flight from Denver to Iceland, no sleep, and no makeup, they retook my photo at check in.  

After the first couple times when ordering cocktails, I asked to see my photo and realized why the servers were doing double takes. 

My worst nightmare 😂

• Like 1