Azamara Price Drop but....

D. B.

I just found out that Azamara Dropped the Price by Thousands of $ (and added better cabins) for a cruise we booked so I ask my TA to check into it.

He said the answer was They do not do price changes on Bookings that have been paid in full.

10 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Looks like the new owners are after every $. 

Sounds to me it's the same policy as pre-Covid.  Cruise with Confidence reflected the uncertainties presented by Covid.  At some point things go back too the way they were.

• Like 4

not sure if there is anything new - best price guarantee was in place for US and Canada for some time. - not available for UK....if drops (even before final payment) you have to cancel, lose your deposit and rebook (so need to factor in if worth it)

the temporary Cruise with Confidence was great but like other transport benefits that offered additional flexibility during covid, it has ended.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, D. B. said:

I just found out that Azamara Dropped the Price by Thousands of $ (and added better cabins) for a cruise we booked so I ask my TA to check into it.

He said the answer was They do not do price changes on Bookings that have been paid in full.

Do you think they should?

Depends if it was paid in full per the cruise line final payment date or paid in full per the agents final payment date which in some case can be anything up to six weeks earlier

10 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Then booking on board is a benefit as you risk the initial deposit of 50% of the normal one. 

Check the small print.  Non-cruise, but relevant.  In the UK we've had tiny-deposit holidays, but that was a cover for what was actually just a part payment of a deposit at the old level.  If you cancelled, they came after you for the unpaid difference.

22 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Sounds to me it's the same policy as pre-Covid.  Cruise with Confidence reflected the uncertainties presented by Covid.  At some point things go back too the way they were.

Exactly.  They never wanted to get popped for making the last minute deals, but they lived it with when ships were barely sailing at all.

49 minutes ago, java spot said:

I think your TA could request some extra OBC or some other compensatory good will gesture. I am fairly sure that is what has happened to me in similar situations. (which seem to happen quite frequently) 

I ask. No Deal.