Standard Drinks Package vs. Premium?

katjoeus

I'm about to book the Equinox for end of October and our rate includes the regular Standard Drinks Package; I would be able to upgrade to Premium for $12 per person per day (plus gratuities) but I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade or not? Especially since I've read a few times now that not all of the Premium drinks were available....

Appreciate any input / insights into this! TIA

We will take our 1st Celebrity cruise in May, ours comes with the Classic package as well and we had the option to upgrade.  We found a list online of what’s offered as far as Drinks, Beer, Spirits, etc for each and much of what we drink is on Classic so we decided to save the $ and use it elsewhere on the trip.  I have read that if you want a drink that’s on the premium list you would just pay the difference plus gratuities.  

We've been on several Celebrity cruises and have never found the need to upgrade.  You only pay the excess if you go over the $12 and our trips usually end with a bar tab of a handful of 1$ additions from the Martini bar...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PatEv said:

We've been on several Celebrity cruises and have never found the need to upgrade.  You only pay the excess if you go over the $12 and our trips usually end with a bar tab of a handful of 1$ additions from the Martini bar...

According to the Celebrity website the limit is $10:

The Classic Drink Package includes an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass for up to $10 per serving. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle.

If a guest orders a drink that exceeds the $10 maximum value, they will be charged for the difference. 

For example: If a guest orders a $12 cocktail, a $2.00 + 20% gratuity charge will appear on their SeaPass account.

3 minutes ago, Baystate said:

Are you able to get a martini within the classic pkg at the martini bar without going over the $10.00 limit?

Generally no although you might find a bartender willing to make a smaller one or one with classic package alcohols.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baystate said:

Are you able to get a martini within the classic pkg at the martini bar without going over the $10.00 limit?

This is more likely possible at bars other than the martini bar. I think the martini bar tends to have only premium spirits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seaworthy1 said:

If you have a classic pkg and order a $5 evian or peligrino(?) water, how does that work?  They are not included in the classic pkg, yet cost under the $12 limit.

You pay full price plus gratuities.

• Like 1

How does the draft beer work regarding packages?  Is it like the water and only the brands listed valid even though others might be under the $10. 

Booked first cruise and have the same question about if I should upgrade or not. 

Just now, nivek82 said:

How does the draft beer work regarding packages?  Is it like the water and only the brands listed valid even though others might be under the $10. 

Booked first cruise and have the same question about if I should upgrade or not. 

Any alcohol drink $10 or under is covered (not just the brands on the list).  It is only the non-alcohol drink exclusions where you pay full price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1