Purchasing Free at Sea Plus while onboard?

MNcruisingcouple

We are on the Breakaway out of New Orleans in 12 days and had intended to use OBC to purchase FAS+ as soon as we board.  Trying to verify that our plan is possible or if it's only possible to purchase FAS+ before boarding??  I could have sworn I read somewhere that it is possible to purchase onboard but now of course I can't locate the post.  Maybe in a post by @Sthrngary or @BirdTravels

I'd love to hear your first-hand experience!

• Like 1

@MNcruisingcouple I am sorry to say I have no clue.  Please consider calling NCL directly to ask.  Sometimes, even with me, we give advice that worked for us then folks go on a cruise and it did not work for them.  I want your vacation to be all it can be.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

36 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We are on the Breakaway out of New Orleans in 12 days and had intended to use OBC to purchase FAS+ as soon as we board.  Trying to verify that our plan is possible or if it's only possible to purchase FAS+ before boarding??  I could have sworn I read somewhere that it is possible to purchase onboard but now of course I can't locate the post.  Maybe in a post by @Sthrngary or @BirdTravels

I'd love to hear your first-hand experience!

@MNcruisingcoupleSorry, I don't see anything from any recent cruises (since FAS+). I suggest that you reach out on one of the live threads to people currently on ships this week... and maybe get a better response for live posts next week. 

26 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@MNcruisingcouple I am sorry to say I have no clue.  Please consider calling NCL directly to ask.  Sometimes, even with me, we give advice that worked for us then folks go on a cruise and it did not work for them.  I want your vacation to be all it can be.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Thanks!  I don't always trust NCL phone reps, so I was hoping to get some firsthand experience.  I did end up using the chat feature and the person said that FAS+ cannot be purchased onboard.

Thanks for sharing your extensive research on all things cruising.  We've enjoyed your posts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

@MNcruisingcoupleSorry, I don't see anything from any recent cruises (since FAS+). I suggest that you reach out on one of the live threads to people currently on ships this week... and maybe get a better response for live posts next week. 

That's a great idea, thank you!

Current T & C's:

Free at Sea Upgrade Plus Program (priced per person, per day in USD)

Free at Sea Plus Upgrade FAS Program Prior to 1/18/22 FAS Program After 1/18/22
Base Upgrade (if guest 1 & 2 are adults) $49* for Guest 1
$41 for Guest 2 per person
$49**
Guest 1 or 2 (if guest 1 or 2 are minors) $49 for Adult
$21 for Minor***
$49 for Adult
$29 for Minor***
Solo Upgrade (1 guest traveling in stateroom) $42**** $42****
Cost to add streaming (guest 1 & 2) $10.00 per person, per day $10.80 per person, per day

* 1 Unlimited WI-FI Package Upgrade Plan only
** 2 Unlimited WI-FI Package Upgrade Plans
*** Minors are not entitled to Premium Plus Beverage Package in turn will receive soda package only
**** Single Guests are not entitled to the additional Shore Excursion Credit

Terms & Conditions

• Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board. Bookings made within 24 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking
  • Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify however are not entitled to the additional Shore Excursion Credit
  • Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at anytime
  • Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates
  • Offer is for new individual FIT reservations
  • Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing FS or Traditional group and count towards tour conductor credits excluding Sailaway categories
  • Offer is for new speculative groups delegates (Club Balcony Suite categories and below)
  • Promotion cannot be held as a new or existing traditional or FS group block
  • Promotion is not applicable to Traditional Groups/Type: CHARTERS, CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE
  • Promotion is not applicable to FS Groups: Affinity, Nettour or NettourC (classification type)
  • Like 1