Bid for a Stateroom Upgrade (Does Princess always give an answer?)

Dreamer333

I'm leaving in a few days and I still have not received a response letting me know if my upgrade bid was accepted or denied. (I did receive the initial email letting me know that they received my bid). 

I'm wondering if I should just assume that it was not accepted at this point (I need to print my luggage tags shortly) or is it possible that they'll tell me the status at embarkation check-in? 

5 minutes ago, Dreamer333 said:

I'm leaving in a few days and I still have not received a response letting me know if my upgrade bid was accepted or denied. (I did receive the initial email letting me know that they received my bid). 

I'm wondering if I should just assume that it was not accepted at this point (I need to print my luggage tags shortly) or is it possible that they'll tell me the status at embarkation check-in? 

Same here but on the Princess Q&A section under Bidding it says they may notify us as late as one day before sailing.  In November I rec 

2 minutes ago, jc foster said:

Same here but on the Princess Q&A section under Bidding it says they may notify us as late as one day before sailing.  In November I rec 

In November I received an upgrade and was notified 28 days before sailing.  Im still waiting with only 5 days before sailing this time.

• Like 1

"We’re glad you tried Princess Upgrade, but unfortunately we weren’t able to accept this bid.

What happens now?

• Literally nothing! You’ll sail in your original stateroom, and your credit card won’t be charged. You don’t need to do a thing.

We know it’s a bummer, but your cruise still has everything you’re looking forward to, including the MedallionClass® experience and service that’s all about making you feel special. And you can always go for another Princess Upgrade.

Thanks for bidding,
Princess Cruises"

I got notification that a bid was accepted about 24 hours before sailaway for a cruise in November.

The only time I’ve heard of anyone getting an email saying a bid was not accepted is right before one of their multiple bids is about to be accepted. For example, the placed bids to move from an inside to an Oceanview and obstructed balcony. Notification that one was not accepted has been sent followed by acceptance of the other bid a day or two later

• Like 1