Princess shuttle Norway

lucas34

Hi, My last cruise on Princess was 31 years ago, naturally many things have changed during this time. Does anyone know if Princess has a free shuttle service in Norway and if so in which ports or if it is with extra charge and how much?

I did Norway in 2018 and I don't remember any free shuttles.

You may want to post your itinerary. Several ports docked in great locations and no shuttles were necessary.

Edited by Coral

30 minutes ago, Coral said:

Kävin Norjassa vuonna 2018, enkä muista yhtään ilmaista sukkulaa.

Haluat ehkä lähettää matkasuunnitelmasi. Useat satamat telakoituivat loistaviin paikkoihin, eikä sukkulia tarvittu.

Thanks for your reply, my ports of calls will be Bergen, Flåm, Olden and Ålesund. My friend was in Norway in 2000, and she will be my "local" guide.

32 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

Thanks for your reply, my ports of calls will be Bergen, Flåm, Olden and Ålesund. My friend was in Norway in 2000, and she will be my "local" guide.

In 2019 we didn't stop in Olden but Bergen, Flaam and Alesund had no need for a shuttle.  If I remember correctly, none of the ports did (Stavanger, Gerainger, Flaam, Trondheim, North Cape, Lofoton Islands, Tromso, Alesund, and Bergen).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Bergen and Alesund were fine. I did not stop in Olden or Flam.

I don't remember needing a shuttle anywhere either. 

I loved Norway. I hope you have a great trip!

We enjoyed that area (including Norway) so much on our Oktoberfest cruise that we are going back in May (along with Iceland this time!)

Here is the "Live From" thread I posted (first ever) for that cruise.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

In 2019 the only shuttles on my itinerary were at Tromso and Trondheim which both cost USD$19.95 per person.

I did a review of my cruise if you are interested.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2678142-norway-land-of-the-midnight-sun-on-sapphire-princess-june-15-2019/#comments

Edited by PurpleTraveller

20 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

In 2019 the only shuttles on my itinerary were at Tromso and Trondheim which both cost USD$19.95 per person.

I should add to my previous post that you do not have to use the shuttles in Tromso and Trondheim if you don't want to. In Tromso we got the local bus to the city centre and in Trondheim we walked to the city centre. 

23 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I should add to my previous post that you do not have to use the shuttles in Tromso and Trondheim if you don't want to. In Tromso we got the local bus to the city centre and in Trondheim we walked to the city centre. 

Your earlier post jogged my memory.  I had totally forgotten about those two shuttles.  In Tromso we (group of 4) got a taxi to the city center to rent e-bikes and a ride back to the ship from a friend we visited for lunch.  In Trondheim we were docked within sight of the historical city center on a beautiful day for walking. 

• Like 1