Just Received a Phone Call from Oceania, I am quite Impressed!!

Sthrngary

My first Oceania Cruise is 10-days in the Mediterranean on November 9, 2023 on the Riviera. Yesterday, 8 months prior to the cruise, Oceania Special Services Coordinator-Riviera called me.  The topic of the conversation was:

1. Did I have any questions?
  2. Did I have special needs like food issues?

It seems Oceania is attempting to have the special needs especially food on their ordering list well prior to upcoming cruises.  That impressed me even though my party has no special needs.  During my conversation I made mention of some issue I had with another brand and the representative sent me specific information on those topic.  A very impressive showing of Personalized Service. Not sure this is normal. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

My first Oceania Cruise is 10-days in the Mediterranean on November 9, 2023 on the Riviera. Yesterday, 8 months prior to the cruise, Oceania Special Services Coordinator-Riviera called me.  The topic of the conversation was:

It seems Oceania is attempting to have the special needs especially food on their ordering list well prior to upcoming cruises.  That impressed me even though my party has no special needs.  During my conversation I made mention of some issue I had with another brand and the representative sent me specific information on those topic.  A very impressive showing of Personalized Service. Not sure this is normal. 

Have a wonderful Cruise!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’m taking it that the OP booked directly with Oceania and didn’t use a Travel Agent. Most of this sounds like the conversation a professional Travel Agent would have with their client.

I booked directly with Oceania and I didn't receive a call from the Special Services Coordinator. The OP must be special. 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, schmerl said:

I booked directly with Oceania and I didn't receive a call from the Special Services Coordinator. The OP must be special. 🙂

7 minutes ago, NeedToChill said:

Same here. I'm curious what class cabin the OP is in.

We are in PH and didn't receive a call. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’m taking it that the OP booked directly with Oceania and didn’t use a Travel Agent. Most of this sounds like the conversation a professional Travel Agent would have with their client.

@pinotlover I am the OP and I booked with my Personal Cruise Travel Agent who books all brands.  Not directly with Oceania.  In the past, the only time this kind of phone call ever happened was with the NCL Haven and not every time.  

I really think this is a new thing that is happening that has to do with recent complaints about not having specific foods needed for special diets.  That was the sense I got.  Anyway, I just wanted to report this because it was very nice and done professionally.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, schmerl said:

@schmerl I assure everyone, I am NOT special in anyway.  Just ask my family, they can confirm this.  I was pleased by the call though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@pinotlover I am the OP and I booked with my Personal Cruise Travel Agent who books all brands.  Not directly with Oceania.  In the past, the only time this kind of phone call ever happened was with the NCL Haven and not every time.  

I really think this is a new thing that is happening that has to do with recent complaints about not having specific foods needed for special diets.  That was the sense I got.  Anyway, I just wanted to report this because it was very nice and done professionally.

If you requested special food   for other lines  may your  TA  put a note on your file

Not sure Oceania calls  people randomly  to ask if they need anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

If you requested special food   for other lines  may your  TA  put a note on your file

Not sure Oceania calls  people randomly  to ask if they need anything

It is a mystery. Never asked or needed special food items.  Good point though. 

17 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@NeedToChill I am booked in a Penthouse (PH3) Guarantee.  I would not think that would warrant that call but happy to have gotten it.

Yes, certainly it wasn't standard procedure eight months before our upcoming cruise, where we have a PH3, since we did not get a call. But yes, perhaps in the meantime they have instituted a new policy, which sounds very good.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NeedToChill said:

Yes, certainly it wasn't standard procedure eight months before our upcoming cruise, where we have a PH3, since we did not get a call. But yes, perhaps in the meantime they have instituted a new policy, which sounds very good.

If they instituted a new policy, they skipped us. We are booked PH2 and did not receive a call. I can't imagine them calling everyone to see if they have any special needs. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, Sthrngary said:

As I'm sure you know from your NCL cruising experience, Haven/suite passengers are called by the corporate office pre cruise concierge service, which asks those types of questions.

Perhaps Oceania has now adopted that process,

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Maybe it’s related to the OP extensive postings here on the CC. Great marketing move for Oceania if this is the case😁

@osandomir I wish this was the case.  That someone, anyone from any cruise brand would at least acknowledge me or anyone that writes on CruiseCritic.com.  I have never had that happen to be before it that is the case.  

My purpose for doing this post was to show my surprise at this action.  I hope as one other poster suggested, that they are taking the same approach that the NCL Haven does Pre-Cruise.  A Haven Guest gets a letter with a number and/or a call.