Current Princess MDR menus

Trixie21

Don't have the menu from that itinerary, but will say that I'm consistently pleased with the variety and considering the number of meals they have to prepare daily. Much better than RCCL food, perhaps not quite as good as Celebrity. This of course is a matter of taste. 

Also, to my taste, the food is consistently oversalted, this after 16 cruises with them. You can ask for low sodium.

If someone in your party has special dietary needs, they can accomodate. A post about that awhile back: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2792137-dietary-restrictions/

Edited by mtnesterz

I’m sorry I don’t have any menus to share, but I will say that from my cruise over Christmas to other people’s cruises since then, I have seen some similarity and some variation. Princess gives chefs some liberty at adjusting the menu, especially on cruises longer than seven days, so you may have the same menu or a different one from what is posted Online. Even from what was posted on our stateroom TV to what was actual reality in the dining room was slightly different on our cruise. Typically, there is baked Alaska on the last night. There is filet mignon on one of the formal nights. There is lobster on the second formal night. At some point, there is usually beef Wellington. Steak may be offered a few nights. Every night offers lots of seafood. There’s always a vegetarian option. There will be appetizers, a soup option, a salad option, and 2 pastas every night. For dessert, there will always be ice cream, sorbet, a crème brûlée of some kind, and then rotating desserts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m sorry I don’t have any menus to share, but I will say that from my cruise over Christmas to other people’s cruises since then, I have seen some similarity and some variation. Princess gives chefs some liberty at adjusting the menu, especially on cruises longer than seven days, so you may have the same menu or a different one from what is posted Online. Even from what was posted on our stateroom TV to what was actual reality in the dining room was slightly different on our cruise. Typically, there is baked Alaska on the last night. There is filet mignon on one of the formal nights. There is lobster on the second formal night. At some point, there is usually beef Wellington. Steak may be offered a few nights. Every night offers lots of seafood. There’s always a vegetarian option. There will be appetizers, a soup option, a salad option, and 2 pastas every night. For dessert, there will always be ice cream, sorbet, a crème brûlée of some kind, and then rotating desserts. 

Thanks - thats quite a good rundown .

Is there a classics or always available  section which doesn't change each night? Dishes such as grilled chicken , salmon etc.

9 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Is there a classics or always available  section which doesn't change each night? Dishes such as grilled chicken , salmon etc.

Grilled chicken is no longer available every night, as there's no "princess favorites" on the new one page menus being phased in.

330674178_1119846116082097_7532770309741107194_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

there are, I think they are called Princess favorites, always a chicken & a salmon sauces & sides change, also a couple of pasta dishes & something vegetarian...the best place to find actual menus & photos of food it to look at a recent "live" or review from the ship you are sailing or the itinerary...sometimes there are regional differences in menus

ACK just saw @startedwithamouse's post above about the new menus...sad

Edited by travelin.sisters
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Grilled chicken is no longer available every night, as there's no "princess favorites" on the new one page menus being phased in.

330674178_1119846116082097_7532770309741107194_n.jpg

Yes , Royal Caribbean is doing something similar with their menus also.

My wife has dietary requirements due to Celiac disease and other things. I assume she would be able to order the night before and if desired could order something like plain grilled chicken or salmon? Myself I like trying lots of different dishes and would be perfectly happy with a menu like the above.

Just now, Trixie21 said:

Yes , Royal Caribbean is doing something similar with their menus also.

My wife has dietary requirements due to Celiac disease and other things. I assume she would be able to order the night before and if desired could order something like plain grilled chicken or salmon? Myself I like trying lots of different dishes and would be perfectly happy with a menu like the above.

Princess has always been very good about helping with our dietary issues, for the first night just tell them that she has dietary restrictions & they will help her find something that works for her needs...after that usually the head waiter (although I think they have a new title...they are all good about this but some are absolutely superb) will bring the menu's for the next day for her to look at & then she can order something that they will modify for her or something specific like plain grilled chicken or salmon...they have separate kitchens for specialty dietary needs so cross contamination is rare, although it has happened...I have a shellfish allergy which is pretty easy to self-monitor, but my sisters is something that is secretly in lots of dishes so she really needs help knowing what is safe for her...we always book for the same time every night & ask for the same table so then our waitstaff also by the second night is aware of our needs & watches out for us

they do have a number of labelled gluten-free dishes in the other venues (International Cafe & buffet) for something quick to pick up during the day if that would fit her needs as well

1 hour ago, travelin.sisters said:

Princess has always been very good about helping with our dietary issues, for the first night just tell them that she has dietary restrictions & they will help her find something that works for her needs...after that usually the head waiter (although I think they have a new title...they are all good about this but some are absolutely superb) will bring the menu's for the next day for her to look at & then she can order something that they will modify for her or something specific like plain grilled chicken or salmon...they have separate kitchens for specialty dietary needs so cross contamination is rare, although it has happened...I have a shellfish allergy which is pretty easy to self-monitor, but my sisters is something that is secretly in lots of dishes so she really needs help knowing what is safe for her...we always book for the same time every night & ask for the same table so then our waitstaff also by the second night is aware of our needs & watches out for us

they do have a number of labelled gluten-free dishes in the other venues (International Cafe & buffet) for something quick to pick up during the day if that would fit her needs as well

Thanks , thats pretty much how we've done it on RC so that's great.

Can I ask how dining works on the new ships - the cruises we are looking at will be either on Regal or Sky princess . Is there set dining and anytime or how is it done ? Do you book a time in advance of the cruise or when onboard ? We always booked the same time on our RC cruises for exactly the reason you stated - so we would have the same wait staff every night and wouldn't have to keep repeating the dietary issues. We like to eat around 5.30pm.

5 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Thanks , thats pretty much how we've done it on RC so that's great.

Can I ask how dining works on the new ships - the cruises we are looking at will be either on Regal or Sky princess . Is there set dining and anytime or how is it done ? Do you book a time in advance of the cruise or when onboard ? We always booked the same time on our RC cruises for exactly the reason you stated - so we would have the same wait staff every night and wouldn't have to keep repeating the dietary issues. We like to eat around 5.30pm.

you can sign up for your dining times in the medallion app before sailing...in the Ocean Now - Food, Drinks & Shopping section, choose Dine My Way > then pick Reserve for the same time each day > Select Dining Period evening then pick the people in your group (you can add others if you have their booking number then choose your options: shared/private table, there might be a choice of dining room (the menus are the same, mostly location is different) & time (they will probably give you a choice of 5:20 or 5:40, they seem to run in 20 minute increments)...you can always cancel for one or more nights later if you want to do specialty dining or are on a late excursion or whatever reason...you might or might not have to wait until final payment to make dining reservations 

we have siled on 3 cruises since the new system & have never had a problem getting the same table each night, but others have reported that they were told no, so I would be sure to talk to the head or restaurant operations (used to be the maitre d') the first dinner & explain why it is important.

• Like 1