Jaimie's Italian on Anthem

We have a family cruise coming up on Anthem.   In the past, we have all dined at the specialty Italian restaurant (Giovanni's-?) on other ships and enjoyed that pretty much everything was served somewhat family style, except the mains, and we could all try many different things.   Is that the way Jaimie's also works on the Anthem?  For those of you that have done both Jaimie's AND the different Italian restaurant on some of the other ships, do you feel they are comparable experiences?  Any info/advice is welcome.  Thank you.

I sailed on Anthem back in 2019.  We tried Jamie's while on there.  I really enjoyed it.    I tried the original Giovanni's back in 2004 on Mariner - my very first cruise.    As far as I can remember I enjoyed it.  

We are trying Giovanni's Italian Kitchen and wine bar for lunch on my upcoming 50th birthday cruise in March.  I will have it actually on my birthday.  Looking forward to trying it.  I am Italian/Sicilian  on my fathers side.  

• Like 1

We recently had Jamies on Ovation and Quantum, both were excellent.  Jamies Tiramisu was different and better than any I have ever tried. Not really served family style but appetizers are unlimited. Dinner was much better than lunch. Bartender from Vintages, that's where the drinks come from, made a awesome Negroni. .  

We are on Anthem and ate at Jamie's on night 2. Two of us, we had the creamy burrata and the arincini for apps, the beef short ribs and the Calabrian chicken for mains and pavlova and the cheesecake for dessert. You could ask for additional sides, we didn't but the table next to us did. We found we could easily share.

Jamie's is not my favorite, but I like it much better than new Giovanni's. My fave is old Giovanni's, love the pork belly.

We haven't had the meat plank, but it looks like a lot of food. They do aim to please, we found the service to be excellent, so with a larger group I am sure they will be glad to bring extra sides for you. 

Enjoy your trip!

I've eaten at Jamie's 3 times on Navigator and once on Symphony.  I LOVE IT.  I dined at Giovanni's on Odyssey and didn't like it nearly as much as Jamie's.  The plank is great with a group, 4 of us shared it, but they upsize or downsize depending on how many are at the table.  And it's fun.  🙂