Cruise shows sold out

lbfluffy

We are going on the Royal on March 2nd. We have a guarantee mini suite. I did a mock booking to see what mini suites are available. It said currently unavailable for all cabins. I guess we have a full ship. However I keep getting emails to bid for upgrade. That’s odd. 
Jessica

I really need to learn to read.  I "saw" your title as:

Cruise shows - sold out.  My next thought was that Princess had sold an abundance of Premium/Premiere Beverage packages that reserved theater shows.  My mind sometimes gets ahead of myself.

So back to reality.  Princess may have stopped selling mini-suites so that they can start assigning guarantees.  It's the dominoes effect.  Someone in a suite may have had to cancel...they move someone from Club Class up to the now empty suite...AND you score a Club Class mini.  

The "worse" that could happen is that they downgrade you to a balcony with refundable OBC or.....offer you a move over offer.  

Have a wonderful cruise.  Enjoy !

• Like 5

In the before times 2-3 weeks out was when we started getting phone calls with upgrade offers, which I assumed was when they were doing the final cabin shuffles, so It tracks that they would be locking bookings for a bit. I expect that you'll see things open back up at a week or two from sailing with last-minute inside cabin deals on whatever they're left with after upgrades, sidegrades, and upgrades that some may consider to be downgrades. 😕

Edited by Pohra
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We are going on the Royal on March 2nd. We have a guarantee mini suite. I did a mock booking to see what mini suites are available. It said currently unavailable for all cabins. I guess we have a full ship. However I keep getting emails to bid for upgrade. That’s odd. 
Jessica

I am quite sure the marketing dept doesn't talk to the load control dept (I forget the real name).  Marketing is going to keep pumping out those upgrade bid emails as it could mean more revenue.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am quite sure the marketing dept doesn't talk to the load control dept (I forget the real name).  Marketing is going to keep pumping out those upgrade bid emails as it could mean more revenue.

It's called the Inventory Department.  And can only be reached by an phone agent texting them, then waiting for a reply.

Right hand does not talk to the Left hand.

58 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We have a guarantee mini suite. I did a mock booking to see what mini suites are available. It said currently unavailable for all cabins. I guess we have a full ship. However I keep getting emails to bid for upgrade.

Princess knows based on history that there will be cancellations in your cabin category or higher.  As those cancellations occur, and assuming they don't selling reserved cabins again, they will start assigning guarantees and/or start processing upgrades.  You could be assigned the minisuite someone else just cancelled or upgraded from, or if your bid was the highest they would accept it and you'd get assigned directly to a cabin in that higher category.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I really need to learn to read.  I "saw" your title as:

Cruise shows - sold out.  My next thought was that Princess had sold an abundance of Premium/Premiere Beverage packages that reserved theater shows.  

That's exactly how I interpreted it as well.  And even when I read the post...I was confused because I saw nothing about any shows!  "The mind is a terrible thing to waste!" 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1