Phone number for airline problems day of cruise

jtslattery

Does anyone have a phone number you can call with airline problems intransit to the cruise. 

I booked door to door and Silversea booked me a day of cruise flight. 

Who do I call if I run into a problem with my flight.

I assume there is an emergency number of some kind but I can't find it in my paperwork.

A piece of advice - take it or leave it.

If you have a problem with your flights, with a missed connection, or with a mechanical cancellation -- your first action should be directly to the airline.  Do not think that by calling the cruiseline, everything will be taken care of.  The airline agents on the spot have the best ability to get you to your destination, with going through the cruiseline just adding another layer of middleman.  And they can do it faster, having direct access to inventory and options.  Plus, they would be the people who would be involved anyhow to redirect your bags.

Now, if you can't get satisfaction from the airline - sure, call the cruiseline.  But you will most always have faster results going direct.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

If you have a problem with your flights, with a missed connection, or with a mechanical cancellation -- your first action should be directly to the airline.  Do not think that by calling the cruiseline, everything will be taken care of.  The airline agents on the spot have the best ability to get you to your destination, with going through the cruiseline just adding another layer of middleman.  And they can do it faster, having direct access to inventory and options.  Plus, they would be the people who would be involved anyhow to redirect your bags.

Now, if you can't get satisfaction from the airline - sure, call the cruiseline.  But you will most always have faster results going direct.

This does not always work. Last July, Scandanavian Airlines went on strike and could not do anything to help me. I called the SS Air desk and they got me on another airline the day before we were leaving. Some airlines will not make any changes unless it goes through the company that paid for the ticket, hence SS. It is a mixed bag out there.

5 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

This does not always work. Last July, Scandanavian Airlines went on strike and could not do anything to help me. I called the SS Air desk and they got me on another airline the day before we were leaving. Some airlines will not make any changes unless it goes through the company that paid for the ticket, hence SS. It is a mixed bag out there.

If you look, you will see that the OP is asking about flight assistance during travel.  Which is different than what you experienced.  And which is what I was responding to.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Last July, Scandinavian Airlines went on strike and could not do anything to help me.

Silversea has booked us on SAS Airlines for our upcoming Copenhagen-Copenhagen cruise in September.  The return flight itinerary takes us from Copenhagen - Los Angeles - San Antonio which I'm trying to get them to change (6 hour layover in LAX uggh!).  I read about all the issues from the 2 week strike and subsequent Chapter XI bankruptcy of this airline and was a bit surprised Silversea still has contract flights with them.  Would you fly with them again?

38 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

I read about all the issues from the 2 week strike and subsequent Chapter XI bankruptcy of this airline and was a bit surprised Silversea still has contract flights with them.  Would you fly with them again?

If SS didn’t contract with airlines who had filed for bankruptcy at one time or another, Americans might have a hard time getting overseas to sail.

- United, 2002

- Delta, 2005

- American, 2011

37 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

If SS didn’t contract with airlines who had filed for bankruptcy at one time or another, Americans might have a hard time getting overseas to sail.

- United, 2002

- Delta, 2005

- American, 2011

I brought up the bankruptcy situation only because it just happened with SAS and we are currently scheduled to fly them back home.  The concern of getting stranded overseas due to recent airline strikes isn't something anyone wants to experience. 

18 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I have used these numbers before and got help and results- 

Emergency Air desk (to be used only enroute) 786-2757089

SS Air desk- 866-9814288

I wonder if Silversea was on top of things in responding to phone calls from stranded passengers because so many were affected with cancelled flights from the SAS strike or is this type of positive response expected by anyone who misses a connection due to airline delays or who's flight gets cancelled?  I will definitely keep these numbers handy.  Thanks for passing them along. 

On 2/10/2023 at 2:08 PM, FlyerTalker said:

This great information, if you happen to be on the airline (of your choice) and a member of their program check your text messages—-once that happen to us, the airline texted me with new flight information that they booked for protection.

6 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

This great information, if you happen to be on the airline (of your choice) and a member of their program check your text messages—-once that happen to us, the airline texted me with new flight information that they booked for protection.

Even if not on the "airline of your choice" -- download their app to your phone.  Sign up for the FF program, so you can log in.  Then add your flight locator, even if you are crediting your miles to another program.  Get into the operating carrier's loop.

Then, when you are done with your flights, just delete the app and be done with that airline until perhaps the next time, if it ever occurs.  Just keep a record of your account number and password.

Just flew an airline that I probably never will again.  The app was useful before the flight - now it is gone from my devices.  Otherwise, I still have ten other airline apps on my phone - and get useful information from them.  All of them have upcoming flights loaded in my account - and if nothing else, it makes for a useful way to keep air travel info in one spot.

I agree you need to download the app for any airline you fly.

Additionally, at least on AA, make sure you go into your itinerary and set up text/email notifications for each leg. You can also set up notifications for the incoming flight for each leg which will let you know about delays for the incoming aircraft.

We also check alternate flights/routings before we leave and check FlightAware. This can give you a heads up regarding delays at any connecting airports.

I would always try to handle any delay/cancellation direct with the airline first. But know your options and stay informed. 

12 hours ago, broker1217 said:

I agree you need to download the app for any airline you fly.

Additionally, at least on AA, make sure you go into your itinerary and set up text/email notifications for each leg. You can also set up notifications for the incoming flight for each leg which will let you know about delays for the incoming aircraft.

We also check alternate flights/routings before we leave and check FlightAware. This can give you a heads up regarding delays at any connecting airports.

I would always try to handle any delay/cancellation direct with the airline first. But know your options and stay informed. 

I like it.

Have your information sources set up in advance, have your contingency plans in order.  And don't wait and expect others to do your spadework.  Good on you!

Too many just want to sit back and let others sort things out.  Perhaps that's their way of living, but it fares poorly in time-critical situations.

• Like 1

Strikes are fairly common in Europe so if you traveling to/from or transitting in  Europe-keep an eye on this. They are typically announced in advance and short in length.

You can check out Euronews strike info here:

https://www.euronews.com/tag/strikes

I don’t know how well SS handles cancelled flights or strikes.  But I know that I prefer to be informed, rather than trying to figure it out in a foreign airport or while travel stressed.