Bottomless Bubbles Question

BeaverPT

Guest BasicSailor

They wouldn't for my granddaughter. But I can't say for different ships. I actually find the wait to use bottomless bubbles a problem with the bartenders. They wait on the drinkers first because of possible tips. Mostly ignored my Granddaughter. Couldn't get anyone on lido to help her at all.

Edited by BasicSailor

This question is one of those that always causes issues. This site has a handful of posts already about it.

A lot will say yes and as already seen some will say no.

Carnival isn't know to enforce their own policy and the policy of bubbles is clearly spelled out on their website.

By the book, Bubbles just includes sodas by the glass. No flavor shots, no cherries, etc. Some bartenders may do it but they are the exception, not the rule.

It would be nice if Carnival would install Freestyle (or whatever Pepsi's alternative is I guess) so people can make their own mixtures. They'd certainly sell more soda, but they'd also probably have bartenders upset because they'd miss out on gratuities.

Edited by mz-s

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

By the book, Bubbles just includes sodas by the glass. No flavor shots, no cherries, etc. Some bartenders may do it but they are the exception, not the rule.

My sister had no problem and we both had Bottomless Bubbles.   Her favorite was Cherry Coke Zero, and the bartender apologized and said "Sorry, we only have Coke Zero."   

So, we turned around, came back and asked if she could get a "Coke Zero with grenadine."   "Of course!"   😄  

This was, of course, back in the Golden Age when Carnival still used Coke products.  

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

It would be nice if Carnival would install Freestyle (or whatever Pepsi's alternative is I guess) so people can make their own mixtures. They'd certainly sell more soda, but they'd also probably have bartenders upset because they'd miss out on gratuities.

As far as I know, Pepsi does not have an equivalent and Coca-Cola patented and trademarked the machines.  The price may have dropped on them by now, but originally, they cost $60,000 each if you bought them outright...which most restaurants did not do, opting instead to pay a $300/month surcharge on the lease/rental.  

Carnival does many, MANY things better than Royal, but having just stepped off Freedom of the Seas last week, soda packages and access to the bubbles is NOT one of them.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

My sister had no problem and we both had Bottomless Bubbles.   Her favorite was Cherry Coke Zero, and the bartender apologized and said "Sorry, we only have Coke Zero."   

So, we turned around, came back and asked if she could get a "Coke Zero with grenadine."   "Of course!"   😄  

This was, of course, back in the Golden Age when Carnival still used Coke products.  

As far as I know, Pepsi does not have an equivalent and Coca-Cola patented and trademarked the machines.  The price may have dropped on them by now, but originally, they cost $60,000 each if you bought them outright...which most restaurants did not do, opting instead to pay a $300/month surcharge on the lease/rental.  

Carnival does many, MANY things better than Royal, but having just stepped off Freedom of the Seas last week, soda packages and access to the bubbles is NOT one of them.  

https://www.pepsispire.com/

seems close enough I reckon

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

I assume she knew that once you add grenadine, it is no longer zero sugar. 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

https://www.pepsispire.com/

seems close enough I reckon

Hmm, interesting.  There are only five in all of Georgia and none that close to me.   It'd be fun to try one out.  

They seem more oriented toward adding flavor "shots" (three max) to existing drinks.  There wasn't too much info on that site, or at least, if there was, it was buried under slow, annoying graphics.  I hope their machines are faster-processing than that.  🙂   

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I assume she knew that once you add grenadine, it is no longer zero sugar. 😊

Lol, truth!   --But the number of added sugar calories should be fairly low.  It's only 10 calories or so if you choose a flavoring in a Freestyle machine.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mllekaren said:

I just read Juice is now included in the Bubbles package. Does it mean we can no longer get free juice on Lido?

I believe  the  juice  they  may  be  refering to  is  juice  at  the mdr  during  dinner,

1 hour ago, mllekaren said:

I just read Juice is now included in the Bubbles package. Does it mean we can no longer get free juice on Lido?

Yes, you can still get included juices at breakfast on the Lido.  There are juices available at all of the bars (and different types of juices than are offered on the Lido) all day.  Those are included with BB.

Edited by Schoifmom