Radisson resort at the Port

tweety33

We made reservations at this hotel in Port Canaveral a few months ago. I have since been reading horrid reviews.  I got it at half the price of what the surrounding hotels are now, that you all recommend.  I can't pay $300-$400 a night. We just need a place to stay night before cruise, but want to be safe & clean. Has any of you recently stayed there and is it ok? or is it as bad as I have been reading. The location is perfect for us. Thank you for anyone who has an opinion  on this hotel who recently stayed there.

Hi...my husband and I stayed here in December of 2021 and 2022, before cruises. We got the parking/shuttle package both times. The hotel itself is fine. It's safe and clean,but a little dated. They lack organization with the shuttle to the port.  It was so bad, we finally just called an Uber for $10. The shuttle after the cruise is waiting for you when you get off the ship. It's not the Ritz, but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Have fun!

We stayed there many times until about 2yrs ago.  We had several situations that we did not care for so we no longer stay there.

It is dated and at this moment the whole front parking lot is completely torn up as they are doing some kind of renovation.

if you are only staying one night it is “okay” but there are nicer places to stay in Canaveral…

On 2/13/2023 at 11:21 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We stayed there many times until about 2yrs ago.  We had several situations that we did not care for so we no longer stay there.

It is dated and at this moment the whole front parking lot is completely torn up as they are doing some kind of renovation.

if you are only staying one night it is “okay” but there are nicer places to stay in Canaveral…

Do you ever stay further South near or on Beach?

Also, if we stayed in Canaveral where is a nice place with at least a bar and restaurant?  What kind of evening entertainment is there if any?

Edited by #55worktoplay

I stayed at that Radisson a couple years ago and it was fine. Very clean. But as mentioned above, "dated". The furniture in the rooms is old. It's Type 1 motel construction meaning room doors face the parking lot, not an inner hallway. They have an amazing pool area. If the price is low compared to the others and it's just for a night, I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:19 PM, tweety33 said:

Thank you for your responses. Since its just one night, clean & safe, I will over look the other things because of the price. We will take a taxi early the next morning to the ship.

We are also looking at this hotel and like you am concerned about the reviews. 

Would you please come back and give us your thoughts after your stay?  

Look at the hotels in Titusville. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt in Titusville, rate was much less than the Pt Canaveral hotels, and it offers free breakfast and free parking. It is just a few minutes drive to the port. Hotel is clean and comfortable.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:37 AM, TSUmom said:

We are also looking at this hotel and like you am concerned about the reviews. 

Would you please come back and give us your thoughts after your stay?  

I will definitely try and remember to do that. 

• Like 1

We stayed there for our first cruise. It has a nice pre-cruise vibe, happy hour, and fun. The hotel itself is just ok though. We had a 1BR suite which was indoors. The bed was alright, but the sofabed was rock hard. If we were going out of PC again, we probably would not stay here. 

We just booked this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise in April.  Now I am having doubts.  I researched all the hotels in the port area and choose the Radisson because it was at least below $300.00.  I can't believe how high the prices are at the rest of the hotels in that area.  The poster above mentioned Home2Suites, but that one is $400 for 1 night - with either a Senior or AAA rate.  We don't have to stay that close to the port, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  (We are driving up from South Florida, so maybe even Melbourne?)

10 hours ago, metairiegal said:

We just booked this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise in April.  Now I am having doubts.  I researched all the hotels in the port area and choose the Radisson because it was at least below $300.00.  I can't believe how high the prices are at the rest of the hotels in that area.  The poster above mentioned Home2Suites, but that one is $400 for 1 night - with either a Senior or AAA rate.  We don't have to stay that close to the port, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  (We are driving up from South Florida, so maybe even Melbourne?)

We are staying at Country Inn & Suites, which was recommended by others. It’s not as close to the port, but the price was right. 

13 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Prices are crazy for one night stays. The prices at cocoa beach are also high, we had one on hold, as I researched further, there reviews are just as bad. Due to being under $300 we are stayin with Radisson at the port. Hopefully 1 night is manageable. It is good to know the cab to ship is about a mile so won't cost much. Then once we board the ship, we will be living the good life😄

Forgot to mention in my post above, that our 1 night pre-DCL cruise happens to be a Saturday night.  So, that probably makes the prices even higher.  I think I am going to cancel the Radisson and probably book TownPlace Suites by Marriott - but I will keep checking other prices.  At least with both you can cancel up until a couple days prior.  At TownPlace Suites, I can get a room for $331/night with a senior discount and it includes breakfast - Radisson does not include breakfast, not that we really need it.  (Radisson was $278 with AAA discount.)  And, of course those prices are both before taxes and then there will be a $12 parking fee at both.  Ridiculous prices!  I won't even pay that at WDW.

• Like 1