Change dining reservation time, credit card charge next day, refund in 7-10 days

zitsky

I suppose I should not be surprised.  I wanted to change the time on a Specialty dining reservation.  I was told the only way to do it was to cancel and rebook.  I have already checked and there is no MODIFY in my planner.  Just CANCEL.  I'm not complaining about the procedure per se.  I just find it interesting that they charge you same or next day for the new booking.  But your refund for the canceled booking takes 7-10 days.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like almost all purchases made on a credit card, the charge appears instantly as a "pending" transaction.  When a refund is issued, it generally does not appear as "pending", so you won't see it on your account until it actually completes.  The time for this to occur is generally abot the same at for a purchase to move from "pending" into completed status.  Merchants will often say either "7 to 10 days" or "by your next statement", in order to temper expectations. 

Your issue is with how credit card companies process the transaction, not with Celebrity.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That's how credit card payments and refunds work with every single vendor who accepts them. 

I returned a couple Amazon packages this morning.  They had no problem issuing me refunds *to my credit card* a few hours later before they ever received the returned packages.  Maybe I should let them know they're doing it wrong.

• Like 1