boarding LATER then your assigned time at Everglades

jean87510

Flying in this Saturday am from PHL to FLL for our Equinox cruise.  Flight gets in at 1110.  Check in is 11 to 1130 at the port.  Obviously we are going to not make the check in.  I was 4 hours late for check in for the Radiance in May and 7 hours late for the Grandeur in Barbados in 12/2021 (long story).  I wasn't sure if it is an issue with Celebrity or this port as both of my other late arrivals were on ships that were half full.  Do they make you wait?  Can you just go with the current groups?  We are not in a suite.  We are Elite but that doesn't seem to matter these days.  

Our flight time was changed after I selected the boarding time and I could only get 230pm which would not have been ideal.  

Just now, tfred said:

go with whatever group or time that you get to the pier. They give times just to space it out so crowds are less

Hope there are no MX or WX issues with that flight ...

?  gender neutral or user experiences?  Mexico?  Can't understand your abbreviations.  

• Like 1

You will have no problem.   The CheckIn time is just the earliest you are suppose to show up.   You are free to immediately checkin anytime after that as well.

I had the same experience recently where my flight arrived about my boarding time.   As many people show up early there are usually absolutely no crowds later.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

?  gender neutral or user experiences?  Mexico?  Can't understand your abbreviations.  

WX =weather issue.   MX = Mechanical issues   Used on airline travel

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tfred said:

WX =weather issue.   MX = Mechanical issues   Used on airline travel

Even though I figured I would have at least one response about our flight, no worries for us.  Direct flight.  FBC.  FLL is much easier then other same day flights we've done (Galveston from IAH, San Juan during this past December and Barbados from EWR.  Do it all the time.  And we also book 10am flights day of disembarking.  

I didn't want to make this a debate about my same day flight.  My money, my decision, my vacation.  My question was about something different.

Even if they were checking times, I can't imagine you would have to wait much time at all.  If you assume you get to the airport around 12-12:30 (about right if you check a bag), much of the boarding will have happened.

thanks everyone.  All should go well.  No snow forecasted and weather looks good that am in both Philadelphia and FLL.  We usually like to board later anyway because of the mob but because of our original flight, we picked an early onboard time.