Move Down to Concierge Cabin and Receive Cash Back Bonus or Full Cash Refund

Rebels82

We are on the Sirena 2/19-3/3 in a PH Suite. Just got email saying Move to Concierge Cabin and Receive Cash Back Bonus (over $4700.00) or Cancel and receive full cash refund. I have never heard of a “Move Down Offer with Bonus”. Any idea why Oceania would do this? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We are on the Sirena 2/19-3/3 in a PH Suite. Just got email saying Move to Concierge Cabin and Receive Cash Back Bonus (over $4700.00) or Cancel and receive full cash refund. I have never heard of a “Move Down Offer with Bonus”. Any idea why Oceania would do this? Thanks.

They need a PH for a Guarantee..happens from time to time..they have sent it to many people and its the first one that calls that makes the trade..

Jancruz1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebels82 said:

you do not need to accept  either offer  if you are not interested

They will make offers to others until they get   a cabin  they need

• Like 2

We got the same email, but then from concierge veranda stateroom to ocean view. As we are three in a room they even offered two ocean view rooms next to each other. They oversold this cruise according to my advisor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huib said:

We got the same email, but then from concierge veranda stateroom to ocean view. As we are three in a room they even offered two ocean view rooms next to each other. They oversold this cruise according to my advisor. 

It seems more like they oversold the PH category, if they have *two* extra OV cabins available for you if you are willing to move.

My guess is they are trying to "clear the way down" so that they have Concierge cabins to offer one or more PH guests.  It's not likely that PH guest would be particularly amenable to an OV or inside, but if they can shift several cabins "one category down" (or at least for each PH they need to free up), that could do it.

We once had a *VERY* attractive offer to move from our PH to a completely different cruise, also PH... much longer, completely different itinerary (must have been a really popular cruise... "not!") and also get a nice rebate.

Alas, we didn't yet have the time flexibility then that we had later.  However, it wasn't an itinerary we had been particularly interested in.  But the offer was *so* appealing, that IF we could have done it, that "rebate" would have covered a nice portion of another cruise to replace the original...

But... we couldn't do it when the replacement cruise was sailing.

GC

• Like 1

We once had a fabulous trade over to same ship departure later but a much longer trip.

That was many years ago and we never expect that to happen again.

That has along with great service made us a very loyal customer. ( 22 cruises with another 2 coming up)

Never had a move down but have heard of it from others on board.

We received move down offers in the past as have other friends.  One got $12,000 to give up a Concierge Veranda on a 30 day cruise for an inside stateroom on Deck 4. Our best offer from O required us to swap a Concierge Veranda on an Alaska cruise for a following years Alaska Cruise in a PH ANDwe were given $4000 cash. The next season and days before we were to board that cruise in our PH, we received a call from O offering us an opportunity to upgrade to an Owners Suite for only $4000.  Happy wife, happy life 🤪👍. That original Concierge Veranda turned into an Owners Suite for $0.00 extra. We love Oceania ❤️🙏👍.

Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have had two such offers, both of which we took.

The first was when we had a PH on an Alaska cruise back in 2011.  They wanted us to give up our PH and switch to the just about brand new Marina on a Med cruise, and since they gave us extra cash above and beyond what we already had and we'd been interested in trying the new "O" ship, we made the switch.  The second was a downsell on an "R" ship I think in the summer of 2016.  They wanted our PH and would send us to a B2.  In the end we were in a B1.  But the munificent refund we received paid for an already booked VS a couple of months later. I had remembered being very claustrophobic in a veranda cabin on an "R" ship in the then distant past, but it didn't bother me at all on this cruise.  I did miss hot breakfast in the room but wasn't bothered at all by the small shower. Which was a real change!