What would make for a fun new shore excursion?

19 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

That would be hard to pull off.  America is an oddball on the world stage with its firearm laws: in many states, owning a rifle is as normal as owning a car.  But lots of countries make obtaining a firearm very difficult.  So how would a tour operator get licensed to issue rifles to people who aren't even local citizens?  And what about accidental injuries?

If these excursions get made, it's best to leave the hunting to clay targets or pest/invasive species.  I don't like the idea of hunting for sport/entertainment.  Let the locals hunt animals for food instead.

It shouldn't be too hard because it's being done already although perhaps not for cruise passengers. In many countries outside of America there are professional hunting outfitters or shooting grounds operators that deal with providing firearms to non-citizens on a regular basis. These professionals closely supervise their clients and the risk of "accidental injuries" would be no greater than off-roading, scuba diving, zip-lining or other excursions offered by cruise ships.

Hunters from other countries usually can't bring meat home due to customs laws however any meat is provided to locals and outfitters are experienced in international shipping of trophy mounts and hides which usually arrive months after the hunt. 

Edited by K32682

I see there were culinary tours mentioned. I LOVE those kind of excursions!  I remember a few different ones I have been on but it was many, many years ago.  Ship was docked in Dominica and there was a Culinary Excursion to a private home and out on the patio were multiple stations set up, burners, utensils, etc....and the instructors of course LOL.....I think it was 2 sisters (it was a long time ago) and everyone participated in making multiple courses and we ate what we had all cooked. I think there were about 8 or 9 pax so it was quite small and detailed.......I do remember the house was up in the mountains. It was really good😀

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I see there were culinary tours mentioned. I LOVE those kind of excursions!  I remember a few different ones I have been on but it was many, many years ago.  Ship was docked in Dominica and there was a Culinary Excursion to a private home and out on the patio were multiple stations set up, burners, utensils, etc....and the instructors of course LOL.....I think it was 2 sisters (it was a long time ago) and everyone participated in making multiple courses and we ate what we had all cooked. I think there were about 8 or 9 pax so it was quite small and detailed.......I do remember the house was up in the mountains. It was really good😀

We've done a couple of those and really enjoyed them! I look for that type of excursion when I start my planning.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:05 PM, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I had the same concerns when I came up with the idea.  That's why I think it's best to limit this kind of excursion to US ports.  Better animal welfare protections.

As for dogs who age out of cuteness, they can be made available for adoption without the "mob" part.

There are already thousands of dogs in shelters and being euthanized because there's no one to adopt them. Especially after they've "aged out of cuteness".

Maybe not "new," but I'd like to see more "bar crawls." There is one in Cozumel, and I really want to do it. It combines a tour, with going to a bunch of cool bars. Getting your own transportation for a bar crawl is something that is tough to do on your own.