Live Review - Harmony of the Seas 2/18-2/26 Southern Caribbean

DaKahuna

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I will save that pleasure for you to do.  

i have not even seen Wonderland so not even sure there is one aboard. 

lunch tomorrow is Chops.  

Wonderland is on deck 12 (aft). Even if you don’t want to dine there they have an interesting bar with a few unique drinks such as:

Smoke Rings

Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon, sweet vermouth, maple syrup, Angostura bitters, cold smoked and served tableside. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Wonderland is on deck 12 (aft). Even if you don’t want to dine there they have an interesting bar with a few unique drinks such as:

Smoke Rings

Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon, sweet vermouth, maple syrup, Angostura bitters, cold smoked and served tableside. 

Thank you.  We’ve not ventured there.  I may check out the bar menu and pop in and ser if I can just get a drink. 

@Tulsacokerand I were on Quantum togeter last year and Wonderland is sort of an inside joke with us.  He and his wife loved it, me and mine would not even go if it were free.  Not our food/atmosphere. 

Thanks for taking us along.  We were onboard last Halloween.  Elaine was lovely, very helpful - always greeted us with a smile.  I know food is subjective but I will say that we have been big fans of Sabor in the past - always went once, sometimes twice on other ships.  Our group of 8 last fall were terribly disappointed.  Guacamole was tasteless and runny and the meals were uniformly blah.  Having had probably 8 Sabor meals in the past, this was a big surprise.  NO ONE had a good meal.  I think there is a reason they are phasing Sabor out and they simply don't seem to try anymore.  FWIW, I wouldn't waste a meal there when you have CK as such a great option.  We did hibachi at Izumi and it was fantastic although they have gone insane on the pricing.  Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

EEC6682F-7980-4212-88B3-A2C7C9AAFA4B.thumb.jpeg.21158b378497c86536a837560fdd9e03.jpeg

Wow.  It's been a few years since we've been to Labadee, but I don't remember the suite area being anywhere near that crowded.

1 hour ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Smoke Rings

I completely agree with this.  The Smoke Rings cocktail is worth a trip to the Wonderland Bar.  On Oasis class, Wonderland is a much nicer area.  It's 2 floors with the bar on the top floor and then walking down steps to much bigger dining area (compared to Q class) with a view out the 2 deck high windows (although overlooking the Boardwalk area).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing this review. We were on the Harmony shortly after it first sailed. Although it is a wonderful ship it was one and done for us. My wife and I always hang out in the solarium, mostly for the shade up by the bar but certainly for the pool which for some reason RC decided to exclude on the Harmony. We don’t like the main pools and enjoy the pool area to cool off, so for us we won’t be back.

We’re on the Oasis April 23-30 and your review is really making us look forward to that cruise 😎

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Thank you.  Cannot wait until we see them. Stopped by the Schooner Bar tonight but was crowded and noise from the Promenade was distracting.  So I hit the “Easy Button” and went for a nitecap  in the Suite Lounge. 

I remember that's what we didn't like about Oasis.

1 hour ago, depplep said:

I remember that's what we didn't like about Oasis.

I do agree with this. 

When we went to the Cheers with and Officer and Diamond + Lunch yesterday the music from the Promenade was so lound it was uncomfortable waiting for Silk to open. 

The Schooner Bar on Quantum Class is not without it’s issues.  If you don’t get a seat away from the aisle then you deal with all the masses going to and from the theaters. 

I guess it’s true what they say .. in every life a little rain must fall.

• Like 3

Dinner tonight in Coastal Kitchen was very busy.  We have a reservation for 6:30 pm so there was no wait for a table in our usual section. 

Service was slower than it has been on previous nights but not horrible.  It is apparent that the concept of waiter and assistant waiter is no longer.  There are a few assistant waiters but almost everything is being done by a single waiter. 

The portions are as we have experienced in the past and taste has been very good for all dishes. 

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I like it when the Schooner Bar is towards the front by the theater. A little out of the way.

That is our preference as well.  But we especially like the Schooner Bar on the Brilliance. 

• Like 1

Good morning.  

Following dinner last night I went to see Columbus.  I thought it was well done with some great music and a little comedy thrown in.  A few of the skits seemed a little risqué but that maybe is something someone with children who attended may want to speak to.

Immediately after Columbus I went down to Studio B to see the ice show.  Again well done.  I am always impressed by what moves the skaters can accomplish on such a small area.  Then again I cannot ice skate so just standing and not falling seems an accomplishment to me.

Today’s schedule is very lite. We have a lunch reservation at Chops and I will be attending the Veterans Meetup at 0900 at the Aqua Theater.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Good morning.  

Following dinner last night I went to see Columbus.  I thought it was well done with some great music and a little comedy thrown in.  A few of the skits seemed a little risqué but that maybe is something someone with children who attended may want to speak to.

Immediately after Columbus I went down to Studio B to see the ice show.  Again well done.  I am always impressed by what moves the skaters can accomplish on such a small area.  Then again I cannot ice skate so just standing and not falling seems an accomplishment to me.

Today’s schedule is very lite. We have a lunch reservation at Chops and I will be attending the Veterans Meetup at 0900 at the Aqua Theater.

We took our kids to Columbus (oldest age 7).  Not too risqué imo and they loved the music.  Particularly toward the end.  Maybe more awkward for a 12-13 year old.  Can’t quite recall now.  It has been a couple months.  

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Dinner tonight in Coastal Kitchen was very busy.  We have a reservation for 6:30 pm so there was no wait for a table in our usual section. 

Service was slower than it has been on previous nights but not horrible.  It is apparent that the concept of waiter and assistant waiter is no longer.  There are a few assistant waiters but almost everything is being done by a single waiter. 

The portions are as we have experienced in the past and taste has been very good for all dishes. 

In December it felt like the portions were a bit to very small at dinner.  Like the mashed potatoes (a spoon full) and veggies were always lacking.  I’m going to order a side of mash potatoes on our next cruise.  The portions weren’t even enough for a small child IMO.  The broccoli was usually one or two pieces.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, topnole said:

In December it felt like the portions were a bit to very small at dinner.  Like the mashed potatoes (a spoon full) and veggies were always lacking.  I’m going to order a side of mash potatoes on our next cruise.  The portions weren’t even enough for a small child IMO.  The broccoli was usually one or two pieces.   

Those are about the sizes we have been seeing but to us that’s usually enough for us. 

We’re trying to eat smaller portions as we tend to eat too much on cruises. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Those are about the sizes we have been seeing but to us that’s usually enough for us. 

We’re trying to eat smaller portions as we tend to eat too much on cruises. 

I guess it wasn’t just our trip.  Funny because you’d think cost cutting would be more pronounced on the size of the meat serving.  I’d be piling your plate with more potatoes and slightly smaller cuts of meat if I were them.  It just seemed really odd to have such a small serving of potatoes.  

8 minutes ago, cdlafl7 said:

enjoying the play by play here. we are on the harmony 4/1 and in a suite for the first time. looking forward to coastal kitchen!

We have enjoyed our meals there. 

I did find out last night that the MDR still has waiters and assistant waters but not Coastal Kitchen.  It does not really make that much difference except when it’s crowded. 

• Like 1