Cheers package

luvswater

I believe it does not start on the FIRST day when you sail out of Galveston, TX and New York. In other words, it begins at 6:00 a.m. on day 2. For Texas, I've been told it's something about their beverage laws. Here's what I found from Carnival. 

Yes, it works on the last day. However, the only bar that served alcohol was the coffee bar on the Pride lido deck. As such, no, I did not get 15 drinks on my 'last' day of my cruise. Carnival is a marketing genius. They're not going to offer us something unless they beat the revenue requirement. 

CHEERS! includes:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations - PYOB) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20.00 USD or lower menu price, per serving 
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), zero-proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices 
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where available
  • Energy drinks
  • 500-ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Packaged water in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20.00 USD, per serving
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle 
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes 

CHEERS! excludes:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway 
  • Beverages offered through room service and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Beverages purchased off the ship at any port of call, including Princess Cays and Half Moon Cay
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets 
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • Freshly squeezed orange juice served in the Havana Bar
  • Main Dining Room freshly squeezed juice 
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

Yes, it works on the last day. However, the only bar that served alcohol was the coffee bar on the Pride lido deck. As such, no, I did not get 15 drinks on my 'last' day of my cruise -nor did I want them.  Carnival is a marketing genius. They're not going to offer us something unless they beat the revenue requirement. 

Edited by Pika8347
  • Like 1

Cheers starts at 6AM and goes until the next day at 6AM (that is your 15 drink window). You do not pay for Debarkation day because the bars are not open. If out of TX or NY, Cheers does not start until 6AM of Day 2 (you don't pay for Day 1 on those). Cheers includes most drinks at any bar. You have to order something really crazy or Top Shelf to not be included. The other benefits to Cheers are specialty coffees, sodas, Gatorade, energy drinks, bottled water. They may not seem like much, but 3-4 add up to a drink very quickly. Those don't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. 

Added benefit if you don't drink 15/day is you can try things that you may never try. You won't feel guilty if it is not to your liking and choose not to drink it. For someone that likes to drink and have a good time, 15 is not too hard to hit on Seas Days especially. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

If you're leaving from TX or NY there's some goofy laws that prevent it. FL, CA, LA, etc good to go.

I don't know about CA, but FL and LA you will be charged tax on the price of the drinks until out in international waters

On 2/17/2023 at 4:17 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

Cheers starts at 6AM and goes until the next day at 6AM (that is your 15 drink window). You do not pay for Debarkation day because the bars are not open. If out of TX or NY, Cheers does not start until 6AM of Day 2 (you don't pay for Day 1 on those). Cheers includes most drinks at any bar. You have to order something really crazy or Top Shelf to not be included. The other benefits to Cheers are specialty coffees, sodas, Gatorade, energy drinks, bottled water. They may not seem like much, but 3-4 add up to a drink very quickly. Those don't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. 

Added benefit if you don't drink 15/day is you can try things that you may never try. You won't feel guilty if it is not to your liking and choose not to drink it. For someone that likes to drink and have a good time, 15 is not too hard to hit on Seas Days especially. 

You aren’t charged in the last day but I have used it to get specialty coffee and even a mimosa in the dining room. If you are in port, you will pay taxes though.

6 minutes ago, luvswater said:

I’m still confused. So if I leave from Miami, do I pay for drinks when I get on the boat, or will my cheers package cover it?

You use your boarding pass till you get your sign and sail card and they will scan it at the bar.  Cheers will be used but you will see a small tax, like 78 cents per drink till you leave port and are in international waters which I think is 50 miles away from shore.

1 hour ago, luvswater said:

I’m still confused. So if I leave from Miami, do I pay for drinks when I get on the boat, or will my cheers package cover it?

Cheers will cover it from the second you step onto the ship in Miami.  As @ninjacat123said, there will be a small charge for state sales tax until you hit international waters.  They will scan the bar code on your boarding pass for drinks until you have your S&S card, which will be when rooms are ready around 1:30.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Cheers will cover it from the second you step onto the ship in Miami.  As @ninjacat123said, there will be a small charge for state sales tax until you hit international waters.  They will scan the bar code on your boarding pass for drinks until you have your S&S card, which will be when rooms are ready around 1:30.

Just remember its about a 8 hour sail from the port of new orleans to international water so the tax will ass up more then sailing out of say port of miami or port everglades. 

• Like 1