Soda Package

Amtrack Springfield

13 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

Someone reported that Princess did away with the soda package. We checked our bookings and it is not offered. What’s up? We don’t want the drink package. 

We just booked a Mediterranean cruise & I asked our agent about the different packages.  A fountain soda package, & a can soda package was available, as well as the ultimate drink package.  I'd maybe check with an agent & see if this too is offered on your sailing. 

12 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

Someone reported that Princess did away with the soda package. We checked our bookings and it is not offered. What’s up? We don’t want the drink package. 

I have not heard that they eliminated the soda or coffee package.  We noticed after the last pricing update last weekend these two packages disappeared.

Is that an error?  We don’t know.  I sent messages to 2 different sources and will post, IF I hear back.

If you want to book it, I’d call your TA/CVP or PCL if you booked directly.

Please post any update.  TIA

There is a thread about the coffee package.

I sure hope that is not true!  😟

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWHairGal said:

We just booked a Mediterranean cruise & I asked our agent about the different packages.  A fountain soda package, & a can soda package was available, as well as the ultimate drink package.  I'd maybe check with an agent & see if this too is offered on your sailing. 

Did you see it available on the website?

Hello all,

I checked the beverage packages and prices listed on the Princess website before booking my cruise last night and the soda package was listed so I booked the cruise, now I can’t see this available to purchase. 

I shall be disappointed if they have removed it without advertising that they have.

Nicole

5 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello all,

I checked the beverage packages and prices listed on the Princess website before booking my cruise last night and the soda package was listed so I booked the cruise, now I can’t see this available to purchase. 

I shall be disappointed if they have removed it without advertising that they have.

Nicole

They’re gone, the soda and coffee packages from the website. Believe it was during the new pricing updates effective Feb 20, 23.

That’s what all the new threads are about in the forum. Check it out.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

They’re gone, the soda and coffee packages from the website. Believe it was during the new pricing updates effective Feb 20, 23.

That’s what all the new threads are about in the forum. Check it out.

That’s weird I can still see it;

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Ive purposely taken a screenshot of this webpage just in case. 

I can’t believe they can advertise something and not allow you to purchase it when it comes to it.

If anyone finds that they can purchase it on their personalised please let me know.

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

That’s weird I can still see it;

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Ive purposely taken a screenshot of this webpage just in case. 

I can’t believe they can advertise something and not allow you to purchase it when it comes to it.

If anyone finds that they can purchase it on their personalised please let me know.

Thank you

Yep. Will keep checking, also.

Hello all,

I have heard back from Princess regarding this. They have told me the classic soda package is available for me to add to my reservation (code 2323) and if I would like to do so I need to contact my travel agent. I still don’t see it on the personalised and I haven’t tried adding it via my travel agent.

The only thing is the price is 68% more than we paid last year for the same thing! She has quoted me £14.33 and last year we paid £8.50. On the website it says $12.99 plus 18% which with the conversion rate would work out cheaper for me. 

I understand things must go up but 68% is a lot!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello all,

I have heard back from Princess regarding this. They have told me the classic soda package is available for me to add to my reservation (code 2323) and if I would like to do so I need to contact my travel agent. I still don’t see it on the personalised and I haven’t tried adding it via my travel agent.

The only thing is the price is 68% more than we paid last year for the same thing! She has quoted me £14.33 and last year we paid £8.50. On the website it says $12.99 plus 18% which with the conversion rate would work out cheaper for me. 

Sure is.  I hope they told you correctly.  You’ll find out when your TA tries to add it.

3 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello all,

My CDN agent this week was able to add the soda package to my 2024 cruises.  I do not have to pay until final payment.

Soda, WiFi, tips prices increased this year.

For my 2023 - 14 day cruise - soda in CDN $206.36/pp

For my 2024  - 14 day cruise - soda in CDN $334.32/pp

Edited by phabric

These prices seem to be all over the place. The website says $12.99 plus 18% which is $15.32 but I was quoted £14.33 which is roughly $17, but one of you has been quoted $14.71 per day and another $16???

Isn’t there standard pricing?

Just now, MrSchwump said:

We’re embarking on Monday on the Enchanted. It’s still showing as available in my personalizer. 
The price is up a lot! About $16.00/day. 

Just now, phabric said:

My CDN agent this week was able to add the soda package to my 2024 cruises.  I do not have to pay until final payment.

Soda, WiFi, tips prices increased this year.

For my 2023 - 14 day cruise - soda in CDN $206.36/pp

For my 2024  - 14 day cruise - soda in CDN $334.32/pp

I just called Princess and even though it is not showing in our cruise personalizer I was able to have the agent add and pay for the Classic Soda package.  Total was $17.63 a day and it now shows paid for in our personalizer for a 21 day cruise in May.  One of the things I noticed is that she said canned sodas were included in this package now.

38 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

I just called Princess and even though it is not showing in our cruise personalizer I was able to have the agent add and pay for the Classic Soda package.  Total was $17.63 a day and it now shows paid for in our personalizer for a 21 day cruise in May.  One of the things I noticed is that she said canned sodas were included in this package now.

Looks like the price has gone up from what the website shows then.  The website still says 12.99 pd (+18% = $15.32). 

Just now, t&atravel said:

Looks like the price has gone up from what the website shows then.  The website still says 12.99 pd (+18% = $15.32). 

So that is what is quoted on the website, Princess quoted me £14.33 per person which equates to around $17 and now our TA is quoting £18.57 per person per day,  which is around $22.20. I’m not sure what is going on?

Last week when we added the soda package we paid $15.32/day, total of $107.24 pp.  Princess was a relative bargain compared with other lines.  On Royal Caribbean in 2019 we paid close to what Princess is now charging.  We board tomorrow and I’m going to ask the price of soda by the glass.  I’m wondering if we are better off doing that. In the future.

• Thanks 1

We boarded Discovery today. I wanted to give everyone an update about the soda package.  We ate lunch in the dining room.  When we requested Diet Cokes our server scanned my medallion.  She said we did not have the soda package.  I said I purchased it last week.  She didn’t argue with me and brought my husband and I Diet Cokes.  We went to guest services.  They said yes we do have the soda package and showed us the icon that is next to our pictures if we have the soda package.  She said we were not charged for our drinks at lunch.  I’m not sure what was wrong.  I tested it later at a bar and had no problem.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1