Princess Hotels in Europe

HMSDingy

It is per person.

For one night it doesn't make sense. Often it is cheaper per day for multiple nights as the second and third night is less. Sometimes it does make sense when you factor in transportation to the city (like London) and then to the pier (Southampton).

I would suggest doing your math. Sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't. 

I didn't realize it but breakfast was included in my last hotel and it was a great breakfast (buffet plus ordering off menu). I think it was only for Princess guests as it wasn't for free for everyone.

Edited by Coral

19 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Yes - always per person for the Princess prices. Usually for one night it is not economical.

17 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

I've always considered the Princess hotels to be w-a-y overpriced. Remember, the rates on the website are per person based on double occupancy.

It is overpriced but if you book the same hotel on another website, then tack on 2 Princess transfers to the port, it comes out to roughly the same. By my calculations & taking into consideration when we plan to cruise, our cost would come out to $550 CAD. If you go the other route & book another hotel, you would still have to add on the transfer to the port and you're looking at 150 euros per ride. From what I've found, hotels that include the airport shuttle, usually range around $200. That would still make our one night stay at another hotel with transfers from airport & to the port at around $450 CAD. Yes I'd be saving a few bucks but with Princess I would have peace of mind as to transfers. Our cruise is in November, so I've got a bit of time to put more pennies away & make a final decision. That being said, anyone have hotel and transfer to port suggestions?

If you are considering keeping it - add the hotel now as they do sell out.

You may want to mention which port you are looking at? Is it Rome or Athens?

I agree about transportation. I have stayed 2 and 3 nights in London and it has worked out price wise when factoring in transportation.

Edited by Coral

7 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

Then the prices are ridiculous because the cheapest hotel on the Princess website for a room in Rome is listed at $299 which would make it almost $600 for one night. I can get the same room on Expedia for $332 CAD tax in and even save more since I'm a member. The hotel website lists a room at 179 Euros. I'm sure there must be something wrong.

Yes, in our experience that is correct.  Cost is per person.  It usually does include the transfers, so you would need to cost that out. 

Land tour companies price their pre and post hotel nights using the same methods.

Civitavecchia is over an hour from Rome. 

7 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

Then the prices are ridiculous because the cheapest hotel on the Princess website for a room in Rome is listed at $299 which would make it almost $600 for one night. I can get the same room on Expedia for $332 CAD tax in and even save more since I'm a member. The hotel website lists a room at 179 Euros. I'm sure there must be something wrong.

Well that also includes transport from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the port. The port is a fair distance from the center of Rome for one thing. Also includes breakfast.  I know Princess hotel prices are usually higher, but make sure you are comparing equivalents.