Insignia cabin questions

JFontaine

New to Oceania.   Do any  cabin categories have grab bars near the toilet? Anyone recall how high the step is into the bathroom? 

Any tips for an accessible-ish cabin would be appreciated.   We don't need a roll-in shower, and the wheelchair will fold up. 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

The toilet is very close to the sink vanity on one side where you would be able to hold on to that to help you stand up.  That is in the PH.  I cannot speak for the other cabins.  

Don’t know if that would be sufficient for your needs.

Here’s a photo of a balcony bathroom.

image.png.538d8d30ae5c53105f46b1828f24132d.png

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

The toilet is very close to the sink vanity on one side where you would be able to hold on to that to help you stand up.  That is in the PH.  I cannot speak for the other cabins.  

Terri

I thought they would have removed those hairdryers  by now ??

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Thanks for the photo, but confused - is this a regular balcony room or a Penthouse? The concern is for my mom; I think we will take both types of cabins and she can have whichever is easier.  We will also bring grab bars which are temporary and work with suction cups. 

41 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Thanks for the photo, but confused - is this a regular balcony room or a Penthouse? The concern is for my mom; I think we will take both types of cabins and she can have whichever is easier.  We will also bring grab bars which are temporary and work with suction cups. 

This is a balcony room.  I will go back to Cruisedecks.com and see if I can get a picture of a PH room and hope there is photo of the bathroom.  I will tell you from experience that the toilet is very close to the vanity and you can use the vanity to hold on to to get up.  

Here is a picture of the PH bathroom It is larger than balcony bathroom and probably will be easier for your Mom.  Hope this helps. 

Terri

image.thumb.png.0da2640d1a1dfabb4a5ffaad7df93073.png

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

This is a balcony room.  I will go back to Cruisedecks.com and see if I can get a picture of a PH room and hope there is photo of the bathroom.  I will tell you from experience that the toilet is very close to the vanity and you can use the vanity to hold on to to get up.  

Here is a picture of the PH bathroom Hope it helps.  

Terri

image.thumb.png.0da2640d1a1dfabb4a5ffaad7df93073.png

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Updating the info on this thread about the bathroom. The step into the main  bathroom is very short, maybe an inch.  It is definitely not 4 to 6 inches. There is a grab bar at the toilet and in the shower. We asked for a raised toilet seat which was here (but not installed) upon arrival. I noticed 2 other cabins nearby also had raised toilet seats outside their doors.   The step into the guest bathroom is also about an inch, but there is no grab bar.   

• Thanks 1

Here are a couple of pictures of the very tiny bath in a balcony cabin on Insignia.  It was so difficult that  my husband showered in the spa.  That's a shower chair in the shower to give you an idea of size. We had a great time on our cruise but will never cruise on the Insignia again.  

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Tn gal said:

We had a great time on our cruise but will never cruise on the Insignia again.  

If you can afford a PH on the small R ships (like Insignia), the showers are much larger

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, JFontaine said:

Updating the info on this thread about the bathroom. The step into the main  bathroom is very short, maybe an inch.  It is definitely not 4 to 6 inches. There is a grab bar at the toilet and in the shower. We asked for a raised toilet seat which was here (but not installed) upon arrival. I noticed 2 other cabins nearby also had raised toilet seats outside their doors.   The step into the guest bathroom is also about an inch, but there is no grab bar.   

I realized I didn't identify the cabin I am talking about. It's tge Owners Suite.