Helpful input -> Visa Travel Insurance

Ombud

I just canceled my Princess Platinum insurance and thinking of just going with my credit card insurance. My comparison:

Cruise #1 is 906, #2 is 4348, #3 is 1938. I could buy USAA insurance on #2 but that's from LA. Just down the 101 a few hours. Must decide by end of month

Screenshot_20230219-093449_Sheets.jpg.29cdf5c30bdfa8dda5a598dc5d7c1c76.jpg

Adding insurance cost:

#1 = 72.48, covered under USAA

#2 = 345.03, 3K at risk

#3 = 155.04, 438 uncovered so 282.96 at risk

Edited by Ombud

I probably won't be much help since I always take Princess Insurance.  It's just easier, less complicated, and age appropriate.  But I have often wondered if other insurance would cover a single supplement for your traveling companion.  I know you often travel solo, this may not apply.  I have terrific health insurance and that seems to be a difference (that I don't need).  

Don't know what Princess 150% of cost means verses USAA 1500.

USAA is a great company.  Is this an insurance plan or covered by their Credit Card?

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Don't know what Princess 150% of cost means verses USAA 1500.

USAA is a great company.  Is this an insurance plan or covered by their Credit Card?

Princess covers 150% of cruise fare (supposedly but that's not my experience) whereas USAA credit card only covers up to $1500 of whatever I don't get back (which I'm guessing is taxes / fees / port fees / airline vouchers). And yes, it's the credit card. 

• Thanks 1

You need to check the terms and conditions of your credit card insurance and also consult an insurance expert.  Sometimes conditions apply.  For example many do not cover pre existing conditions.  Also for those that do, typically you must buy the policy with a short period of time from your first deposit for the trip.  Usually under 20 days. 

Perhaps post on the insurance forum.

• Thanks 1