Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

Not sure the name of the cake I got for dessert from Chibang, but it was bleck. Flavor was good, but texture was just…ugh! 
My final drink of the cruise was a “something pretty and good” by Nikola from Alchemy. 
Now I’m about to watch the 9:45 Jorge Solano comedy show in the main theater. 

6E327E73-0EA7-446C-904D-15DCEE470A9C.jpeg

523EA81D-5666-4D45-B506-4D2CDAD33194.jpeg

FD863370-A8FB-4E80-8BBD-57E1D01800D1.jpeg

021E7B1A-A5D9-4A41-B8AF-20B24F5BFD5D.jpeg

• Like 9

Jorge was funny, as always. Love seeing him on the ships. 
Finally tried out Latitudes, had 2 drinks from there, the Aviation and something that started with a C and was lime-y. It’s ok, but I much preferred the Fortune Teller bar on MG to this one. 
Time for bed now, we got a 6:45 wake up. 

• Like 5

Got up at 630 and was down at Center Stage at 6:50. We stayed there for a bit, I think we finally walked off about 7:20, and we were outside the terminal ordering an Uber at 7:45. 
Overall, Celebration is a good ship, but not a favorite of either of ours. I’d rather sail MG if I’m going on a big one. 

Now for the long trip home. Back to reality!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pirate4me2 said:

Got up at 630 and was down at Center Stage at 6:50. We stayed there for a bit, I think we finally walked off about 7:20, and we were outside the terminal ordering an Uber at 7:45. 
Overall, Celebration is a good ship, but not a favorite of either of ours. I’d rather sail MG if I’m going on a big one. 

Thanks for taking us along! Safe travels home! 😎

6 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for taking us along on your vacation....that week just flew by for me as a reader, bet it was the same for you.

We are no longer fans of any big ships but enjoy following others along for the ride.

Safe travels home!

10 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for taking us along! Safe travels home! 😎

Thanks Jeff! I’ll be following along on your review of her in a few months! 

5 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Thanks for taking us along on your vacation....that week just flew by for me as a reader, bet it was the same for you.

We are no longer fans of any big ships but enjoy following others along for the ride.

Safe travels home!

It did fly by!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOMMYCRUISER said:

Hey Stef you should look into our Bermuda cruise out of New york

I think isn’t that the one that is just a few weeks before my Greenland cruise? I can’t swing that much time off so close together. 😞 

2 hours ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Thank you as always for the review!  Especially the food and drink pics.😀

Have a safe trip back to NC!

Kim

Thank you!

5 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Safe travels!

15 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Thanks for taking the time to do a Live. It was fun following along. Hope you’re safely home or at least close if not.  

We got in late last night, and it’s good to be back with my kitty. 🙂 thanks for following along!

11 hours ago, tradewinds traveler said:

Thank you so much. I looked forward to this every evening.

Thank you for following along! 🙂 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We got in late last night, and it’s good to be back with my kitty. 🙂 thanks for following along!

Thank you for following along! 🙂 

Thanks for taking us along.  Glad to hear you made it home safely.  We are counting down the days until our turn - 20!

9 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Thanks for taking us along.  Glad to hear you made it home safely.  We are counting down the days until our turn - 20!

Whoo hoo! Hope the countdown goes quickly for you, and that you have a great cruise!

9 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

Thanks again for the great live review!  I enjoyed reading each morning!

Thanks for folllowing! 

Just finished reading your live review. We had an extended balcony 10338 which was fantastic! it actually saved our trip as three of the four of us got a 12 hour bug which allowed my wife to hide on the balcony away from us!

I was surprised to see that it took you 22 mins to get through Guy's for your burger. The longest I waited was about 5 mins and I went 3-4 times for lunch. 

For a sold out ship of 6000+ passengers I never felt like I was cramped or crowded more than any other ship I have been on. The layout really helps spread people out which is exactly what it was designed to do, but I like the Vista class layout a lot more. 

Circus show: Did you ever make it to one of the five? We watched the first 10 minutes and was that BORING!! About 25 people got up and left2, including 6 of us!

I said I wasn't getting off the ship but ended up last minute booking the Marysol Dune Buggy tour in Amber Cove, $100 per buggy which held 2 people so $50 each! WAY WORTH IT! Got soaked driving through the rivers. Also got to Magans Bay at 7:45am to beat the crowds and back to the ship by noon since I had two little ones. 

1 to 10, overall thoughts of the ship? I'd give it an 8.5 and no complaints from 14 of us. Other than the lady puking over her deck 14 balcony spewing down on everyone else's balcony at 11pm. NASTY!

The staff: 99/100, excellent! It would be a 100/100 but at the pig and anchor bar, the menu had the "Hog Size" 32oz mason jar for $28 and refills for the rest of the cruise for $20. I asked to have one and the bar tender told me they have never had them on the ship with a nasty tone. Ok, not a big deal, I will continue to look at the drink menu and see what another option may be. He came back two minutes later and says, "Are you going to order or what? Or should I give you a gun so you can shoot me in the head?" HUH?! His delivery was very poor as I believe he was trying to say "don't shoot the messenger"?!? The four of us looked at each other and were kinda shocked so we left and went to Latitudes. Very odd!

Now deck 8 on the Celebration....the best deck in the entire fleet!

I will be booking the Vista class in the future but zero complaints about the excel class, I just like the layout a bit better on the Vista class. And I will be booking for the itinerary in the future. Sorry to give my two cents on your review but I didn't think we needed another page for a quick thought. Lol

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Just finished reading your live review. We had an extended balcony 10338 which was fantastic! it actually saved our trip as three of the four of us got a 12 hour bug which allowed my wife to hide on the balcony away from us!

I was surprised to see that it took you 22 mins to get through Guy's for your burger. The longest I waited was about 5 mins and I went 3-4 times for lunch. 

For a sold out ship of 6000+ passengers I never felt like I was cramped or crowded more than any other ship I have been on. The layout really helps spread people out which is exactly what it was designed to do, but I like the Vista class layout a lot more. 

Circus show: Did you ever make it to one of the five? We watched the first 10 minutes and was that BORING!! About 25 people got up and left2, including 6 of us!

I said I wasn't getting off the ship but ended up last minute booking the Marysol Dune Buggy tour in Amber Cove, $100 per buggy which held 2 people so $50 each! WAY WORTH IT! Got soaked driving through the rivers. Also got to Magans Bay at 7:45am to beat the crowds and back to the ship by noon since I had two little ones. 

1 to 10, overall thoughts of the ship? I'd give it an 8.5 and no complaints from 14 of us. Other than the lady puking over her deck 14 balcony spewing down on everyone else's balcony at 11pm. NASTY!

The staff: 99/100, excellent! It would be a 100/100 but at the pig and anchor bar, the menu had the "Hog Size" 32oz mason jar for $28 and refills for the rest of the cruise for $20. I asked to have one and the bar tender told me they have never had them on the ship with a nasty tone. Ok, not a big deal, I will continue to look at the drink menu and see what another option may be. He came back two minutes later and says, "Are you going to order or what? Or should I give you a gun so you can shoot me in the head?" HUH?! His delivery was very poor as I believe he was trying to say "don't shoot the messenger"?!? The four of us looked at each other and were kinda shocked so we left and went to Latitudes. Very odd!

Now deck 8 on the Celebration....the best deck in the entire fleet!

I will be booking the Vista class in the future but zero complaints about the excel class, I just like the layout a bit better on the Vista class. And I will be booking for the itinerary in the future. Sorry to give my two cents on your review but I didn't think we needed another page for a quick thought. Lol

Oh man, sorry to hear some of you got a bug while on vaca, that is no fun! At least it was a short one tho, and thank goodness for the balcony! And ugh to the passenger who spewed....that is just WRONG. 

I was shocked by the Guy's line too, I think I went at peak time when EVERYONE was going, and they just couldnt keep up. 

Never made it to the Circus show....we kept meaning to, but always something else that caught our attention...or we just didnt want to wait for seats. That area seemed to fill up wayyyy before shows started, and who wants to spend an hour or so holding down your seats for a show, when there is so much other fun to be had??

I agree the layout does spread passengers out really well. They did well with that on this class!! 

We never made it to Pig & Anchor for drinks, so I can't comment on the bartenders back there, but that kind of comment would tick me off! All the staff we met were super friendly. 

I agree my favorite class is Vista class, but only because of the Havana area. Honestly, if I can't cruise in the Havana area, I will book MG in the future, or the Spirit class ships. Love them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

HAHAHA I wanted to stop, but it was CRAZY around that exit when we went thru. 

We were going to stop there on our way back from Miami but there was just no way. Traffic was backed up onto the exit ramp. 😯

22 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Never made it to the Circus show....we kept meaning to, but always something else that caught our attention...or we just didnt want to wait for seats. That area seemed to fill up wayyyy before shows started, and who wants to spend an hour or so holding down your seats for a show, when there is so much other fun to be had??

We never made it to Pig & Anchor for drinks, so I can't comment on the bartenders back there, but that kind of comment would tick me off! All the staff we met were super friendly. 

I agree my favorite class is Vista class, but only because of the Havana area. Honestly, if I can't cruise in the Havana area, I will book MG in the future, or the Spirit class ships. Love them!

I know a ton of people loved that circus show but imo, you didn't miss out! And for the seats, no way I am waiting for hours to see a show. By now, everyone knows the seating as awful so I have nothing more to say about that lol.

It was just that one bar tender at P&A, wasn't going to let it ruin my night but man, that is not the Carnival way!

I gotta try a spirit class ship! I hear they are a sneaky favorite!