Mykanos Beach Club recommendations

shdixon

Good day all. My cruise stops in Mykonos for about 30 hours and I would like to spend some of that time at a beach club. The cruise line offers Kahlua and Pricipote. From my research I found Saint Johns. Does anyone know anything about any of these or have any other recommendations? I am looing more to relax vs. a Spring break vibe. 

Thanks in advance

We cannot speak to "beach clubs" because during our many visits to Mykonos we simply take the local bus (there are multiple routes) to one of the decent beaches and walk along the beach until we find a cafe/restaurant that has a decent menu (always check prices because a few places do rip off tourists) and either rent or give away (if you buy lunch/drinks) loungers.

I smiled at your "Spring break" comment because we have always found Mykonos to have that kind of "vibe" no matter what beach we visit.  It is a very popular tourist destination, not just for cruisers, but also for many folks who simply island hop (we love to do this) via ferry.  The island also has a real International Airport (unlike many other Greek Islands) which makes it an attractive destination for European charter tour operators.

There are many wonderful Greek Islands that are not visited by cruise ships (and have no major airport) and those are the places to avoid the "spring break" vibe.  

Hank

When will you be cruising?

Notice that Mykonos is not always warm like South Florida, Cancun, and other 'Spring Break' destinations.  The water there can be chilly until summer.  Some beach clubs do not open until closer to mid-May.  (I have been researching May)

There should be some information and video showing these beach clubs online.

I know that there is a good walk-thru of Kahlua on youtube.

Both of these are supposed to be very nice places.

25 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

When will you be cruising?

Notice that Mykonos is not always warm like South Florida, Cancun, and other 'Spring Break' destinations.  The water there can be chilly until summer.  Some beach clubs do not open until closer to mid-May.  (I have been researching May)

There should be some information and video showing these beach clubs online.

I know that there is a good walk-thru of Kahlua on youtube.

Both of these are supposed to be very nice places.

I am going late June. Thank you I will check these places out on YouTube 

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We cannot speak to "beach clubs" because during our many visits to Mykonos we simply take the local bus (there are multiple routes) to one of the decent beaches and walk along the beach until we find a cafe/restaurant that has a decent menu (always check prices because a few places do rip off tourists) and either rent or give away (if you buy lunch/drinks) loungers.

I smiled at your "Spring break" comment because we have always found Mykonos to have that kind of "vibe" no matter what beach we visit.  It is a very popular tourist destination, not just for cruisers, but also for many folks who simply island hop (we love to do this) via ferry.  The island also has a real International Airport (unlike many other Greek Islands) which makes it an attractive destination for European charter tour operators.

There are many wonderful Greek Islands that are not visited by cruise ships (and have no major airport) and those are the places to avoid the "spring break" vibe.  

Hank

I appreciate your feedback. I dont mind a little partying i just want a relaxing moment. I will also look into possibly just finding a beach on my own and bussing it

One of our visits we went to super paradise which had a very spring break vibe,  it was fine in the morning,  a few still sleeping it off but by noon the music was starting to throb.  
The last time we took a public bus to Kalafati beach which was much quieter. 

• Like 1

I think Principote looks amazing!  It is the only club on that beach.

Not sure about it being a north facing beach, with possible wind and surf???  As it should be less protected.

And, loungers and food might be expensive.

But, then again, all of the big clubs are $$$

Look into having loungers reserved beforehand.

They can get sold out.

Cruise ship probably does not include pre-reserved loungers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I will be porting in Mykonos on Saturday, October 21.  We are hoping to take the public bus to a beach but I am concerned that there will be no open bars/restaurants at that time.  Any input is welcome, thanks!

We found that things really closed up in October in Corfu even though the weather was great.   Mykonos May be different, but  it will be easy to have a backup plan and just enjoy the town if that’s the case.  

• Thanks 1

We bussed it to Paradise Beach during a stop in Mykonos in mid October 2016 so my experience is a bit dated.  We found the restaurants/beach clubs along the beach were open and we were able to get food and drinks.  However, it was very quiet.  While I'm happy we went and explored the area a bit, it wouldn't have met the expectation of someone looking for a more lively, party'ish atmosphere. 

14 hours ago, Milhouse said:

We bussed it to Paradise Beach during a stop in Mykonos in mid October 2016 so my experience is a bit dated.  We found the restaurants/beach clubs along the beach were open and we were able to get food and drinks.  However, it was very quiet.  While I'm happy we went and explored the area a bit, it wouldn't have met the expectation of someone looking for a more lively, party'ish atmosphere. 

Good to know!  I'm just hoping if we do bus it to a Mykonos beach there will be facilities and a place to grab a drink and a nibble.  And dip our toes in the water.🤞

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, Wishing on a star said:

The "Beach clubs" will probably be closed.

But, on the main beaches, surely some restaurants will be open.

Have you posted over on the Tripadvisor board?

I will need to check out the TripAdvisor board.  Thx!!