Norwegian Getaway 1.17.2024 Itinerary Change

bortman23

Anyone seen any information or news on the port in T&C? Our upcoming Jan cruise has swapped the port for San Juan. Wondering if anyone's seen info about this port, and a possible reason why. I understand we may never actually know. I'm just inquisitive. TIA! 

image.png.646d6fa332b09415ab5d137d42665563.png

image.png

54 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Anyone seen any information or news on the port in T&C? Our upcoming Jan cruise has swapped the port for San Juan. Wondering if anyone's seen info about this port, and a possible reason why. I understand we may never actually know. I'm just inquisitive. TIA! 

With the new itinerary, you get full days in all ports (vs. showing up in Puerto Plata at 11 am.). Not seen anything about Grand Turk

Grand Turk is still operated by Carnival Corporation. Government was in talks with other cruise lines to dock at the port. From what i read in the past, these other cruise lines never docked there yet.

there is only one cruise ship pier at grand turk

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Grand Turk is still operated by Carnival Corporation. Government was in talks with other cruise lines to dock at the port. From what i read in the past, these other cruise lines never docked there yet.

there is only one cruise ship pier at grand turk

oh very interesting. Thanks. Maybe this is the cause.

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

No idea why it was done, but I would be happy about the change.  I didn't find much of interest about a stop in T&C.

Personally I'm fine with the change, but my dad was very much looking forward to T&C and had already been doing lots of research. They leave on a cruise in March

that goes to most of these ports. So was annoyed/disappointed.

Edited by bortman23

We are on the 2/16/24 sailing and ours changed from Grand Turk to San Juan and from St. Thomas to Tortola. Time changed in a few of them also. I'm very disappointed because Grand Turk is actually one of my favorite and relaxing stops! I would also love to know the reason behind all the changes. Although I'm looking forward to Tortola because it is one of the only stops we haven't done down there. 

Edited by cluelyss18
  • Like 1