If you bring a bottle of wine to your table, do they count it toward drink package

VentureMan_2000

34 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Thank you for the replies.  Does your room have wine glasses, or do you ask a bar tender for empty wine glasses ?

33 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

There are two wine glasses/water goblets in each room.

Suites have water goblets and wine glasses.  All other cabin types only have water goblets.  But you can get wine glasses from any (non-Lido Deck) bar.

Also, buying bottles of wine in the steakhouse does not count towards Cheers. On the 1st or 2nd evening when they offer 50% off bottles of wine we always buy at least 2 bottles of Caymus. $100 for 2 bottles of those is a steal -- on land or at sea!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Suites have water goblets and wine glasses.  All other cabin types only have water goblets.  But you can get wine glasses from any (non-Lido Deck) bar.

I'm not so fancy - I have drunk many a glass of wine out of a Carnival water goblet!  😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I'm not so fancy - I have drunk many a glass of wine out of a Carnival water goblet!  😁

Not trying to be snobby, just mentioning the facts for those that may not know but may care about the difference.  So many people see those water goblets in their cabins and think that they are wine glasses.  They pour their wine into one, take it out and about the ship, including the MDR, and then report it here as advice to avoid the possibility of a corkage fee with such lines as "No one knows I didn't buy that glass of wine at the bar on my way into the MDR."  That's simply not the case.  It is obvious to all Carnival employees and most guests (not that that matters) that the person did not purchase that wine in a water goblet from a bar.  I don't care, I'm not judging anyone who does this.  Just trying to help inform.🙂

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Not trying to be snobby, just mentioning the facts for those that may not know but may care about the difference.  So many people see those water goblets in their cabins and think that they are wine glasses.  They pour their wine into one, take it out and about the ship, including the MDR, and then report it here as advice to avoid the possibility of a corkage fee with such lines as "No one knows I didn't buy that glass of wine at the bar on my way into the MDR."  That's simply not the case.  It is obvious to all Carnival employees and most guests (not that that matters) that the person did not purchase that wine in a water goblet from a bar.  I don't care, I'm not judging anyone who does this.  Just trying to help inform.🙂

This is a cruise line where people bring cans of pop and giant refillable drink containers into the MDR on elegant night. I don't think anyone is paying attention to a water goblet with wine in it. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

This is a cruise line where people bring cans of pop and giant refillable drink containers into the MDR on elegant night. I don't think anyone is paying attention to a water goblet with wine in it. 🙂

As I said, I don't care about it and I'm not judging.  I was just sharing the information that the two types of glasses are different for those that do care and want to use the "proper"🙂 glass.  Most people don't stay in Suites, so when they see just that one type of glass (water goblet) in their cabin, without seeing the wine glass with which to compare it, they might (and many do) assume that it is a wine glass.  I'm just sharing the facts.  Not saying anyone is going to call you out on it if you put your wine in a water goblet.

• Like 1